The Director, Operations & Logistics reports to the CEO and will serve as a member of the Senior Management Team. The Director will oversee the transportation, warehousing and distribution of domestic and international bonded products. This position will be required to exercise mature interpersonal skills involving sensitive and confidential subjects. The director will frequently face complex problems that require sound judgment and broad experience along with the ability to consider new courses of action as the company grows. Leadership in recommending policies, practices and processes to effectively lead through growth and change is essential. This key leadership position will also provide oversight to 50+ personnel and assigned supervisors and managers across multiple company locations encompassing a diverse workforce with skill-sets ranging from clerical to warehouse equipment operator.
- Leads and oversees the management of daily warehouse and distribution operations
- Supervises the management of all company inbound and outbound transportation requirements
- Develops ongoing supply chain business strategies to ensure efficient operations (i.e. warehousing, distribution, transportation etc)
- Coordinates the Operations Department efforts with all other company departments
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and State mandated rules and regulations associated with company business (in particular: Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and the Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), as well as other Federal and State requirements such as the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA))
- Develops the Human Resources requirements for the department by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching and appraising all assigned personnel. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required (Business and Operations Analysis emphasis a plus)
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA or Master’s Degree in Operations Analysis or Supply Chain Management a plus)
- 10-15 years’ experience in Logistics, Operations or Supply Chain Management to include 5 years in Mid-Senior level management in warehouse and/or retail distribution for a medium-sized company
- Familiarity with modern warehouse tools and equipment including bar coding, scanning and printing applications in the warehouse, and the full spectrum of warehouse MHE
- Familiarity with computer-based operations-focused application including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Transportation Management Systems (TMS), and the inventory and order management applications available in various operations Enterprise Management Systems (ERP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (Access is a plus)
- Familiarity with CBP, TTB, and DOT regulations
- Familiarity with union environment is a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Travel up to 15%
This is a full-time, benefited position. We offer a competitive salary depending on experience and generous benefits package.
If you are interested, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. No phone calls or in person inquires please. We welcome diversity in the workplace and is are Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- SF Bay, California (Required)