Construction Project Manager with extensive experience in office, research, and manufacturing building systems including HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing and control systems construction: either living in or looking to relocate to Seattle, WA (relocation assistance provided).
- Primary duty is to understand the requirements for installation of sophisticated utility systems within research and manufacturing facilities and how they integrate into broader facility construction projects.
- Responsible for working as an lead project manager within the owner’s Program Management Office including stakeholder interaction.
- Responsible for analyzing the financial details related to the project. Cost estimation and proposing financially effective strategies comprise of important duties.
- Responsible for analyzing schedule data and forecasting against predetermines milestone dates. Provide recovery strategies as required.
- Recommend ideas and strategies to make the project a success. Any error or faults that may creep in during the execution – building or running of the project will require supervision for solving errors.
- Ensure the plan is being executed appropriately and corresponding actions rightly conducted.
- Study market trends as well as understand client demands, work on client feedback, requirements specifications, and modify project standards to suit such regulations.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Must have whole project lifecycle management experience, from conceptual design throughout closeout.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Effective presentation skills to address groups of people large and small with all levels of personnel
- Experienced at integrating teams of engineering, construction, commissioning, validation, end users and other stakeholders to provide unified solutions
- Adept at preparation and review of complex, multi-disciplinary construction drawings, permits, specifications and cost estimates for lump sum and cost-plus-fixed fee contracts in competitive and negotiated environments.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in engineering or related field
- 8+ years of project engineering experience and multi-faceted construction experience
- Ability to supervise and provide direction for project engineering resources
- Project management experience within the mechanical, electrical, piping/plumbing and utility construction industries
- Must possess exemplary communication skills – both oral and written
At Turner & Townsend Taurus we know we are only as good as our people – and our people are amazing:. Our consultants simplify the complex management and controls process for our clients to keep their large programs on time and on budget. Sound easy? It’s not. It takes industry experience, a talent for building relationships, and a passion for delivering the best. The high quality of our people and their work allows our clients to reinvest their saved time and money to improve our world with lifesaving medical R&D, modernization of infrastructure and expansion of clean energy.
To attract and retain our awesome team, we provide our consultants with great salaries, benefits, paid time off, retirement savings with matching company contribution, career development opportunities, and the right balance of support and autonomy to get good work done.