The Prince George's County Department of Social Services is seeking a candidate to serve as a Sr. Data Analyst for the Homeless Continuum of Care programs. This position is primarily responsible for analyzing and interpreting data from the Homeless Information Management System (HMIS), as well as producing data reports used for programmatic monitoring and decision-making. This candidate will be responsible for utilizing new program data integration tools, in addition to business intelligence tools to guide the development of new business processes that will result in larger program/system changes. Customizing data tools and reports and providing ongoing technical support will be a large component of the assigned duties. The Analyst also works with external agencies associated with the project to assist with data integration and reporting activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The contractor shall perform the services set forth below under the general direction and supervision of the Prince George's County Department of Social Services, Community Division. The individual in this position will analyze and interpret data from large data sets, as well as develop and refine data tools that will be used for program decision making. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with data team to maintain integrity of client database through data quality review, which includes client record maintenance, data cleansing and data entry compliance monitoring. Provides feedback regarding data quality to program staff.
- Design and develop program reports for a variety of stakeholders including funders, programs and external partners. Lead efforts in analyzing and interpreting outcome data.
- Conducts analyses using HMIS and external data sets to guide service planning discussions at the individual, cohort and program levels.
- Responds to ad hoc data requests; assists program staff to identify available data supporting reporting needs.
- Provide guidance to program and software vendor on data collection requirements in order to respond to new and changing grant/program requirements.
- Maintain process documentation of activities, services, and query methods and outputs for reports to funders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adhere to agency standards of excellent customer service.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Experience in business intelligence software, i.e. Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Experience with the Homeless Information Management System (HMIS) software preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word, required. General proficiency with other computer software programs (Internet, e-mail, etc.).
- Ability to analyze and understand database components and structure to create and run queries, as well as proficiency to help others define reporting criteria.
- Familiar with outcomes measurement and basic research methods.
- Able to troubleshoot basic computer problems.
- Ability to train or providing technical assistance experience highly preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Aptitude for working autonomously and prioritizing workload to achieve goals.
- Exhibit strong collaboration skills with the ability to positively influence all levels of management.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Detail oriented with attention to accuracy.
- Strong ability to multi task, work both independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
Position Type: Temporary Contractual position / medical + hourly rate commensurate experience and education
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $27.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Business Intelligence Software: 1 year (Preferred)