Therapeutic Associates' Central Billing Office in Tigard, OR is looking for a new Customer Service Representative to join our team!
The position is responsible for providing direct support to all clients to effectively resolve their
concerns while following company policies and procedures. This role requires good communication
skills, the ability to multi-task, adapt to change, learn new things and promote a positive
The function of the position actively incorporates the Core Values of Therapeutic Associates:
- Having compassion for others
- Embracing ownership
- Being leaders in the markets we serve
- Promote heath and well being
- We are driven to do the right thing
These are reflected within all working relationships by demonstrating teamwork, dedication and service excellence.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- In this role you may have access to privileged information that should not be shared with others. We expect high ethical standards and good judgement as we maintain a professional work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills which, at times, may mean you seek the specialist for a solution to a specific problem.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including intermediate-level skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, Athena, as well as office equipment such as fax machines
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at one time. Self-motivation, the ability to work independently in a collaborative setting and work together as a team.
- Providing telephone coverage, screening calls, transferring calls to the correct person/location,
taking messages and distributing in a timely effective manner.
- Answer phones by the 3rd ring and return voice messages within 24 hours. Brief, clear notes
must be made on patient accounts after each call.
- Make outgoing calls to insurance carriers, patients, etc. to gather information needed to resolve
concerns that may come up.
- Run Outgoing mail, stamp and take to the mail box daily.
- Bring incoming mail in from the mail box daily, sort based on C.B.O. and Marketing side and
- Monitoring and carrying out special tasks for Community Service and Financial Assistance.
- Responsible to respond to incoming emails in the Patient Portal, Outlook and Athena Messaging
on a continual basis throughout the day.
- Run checks, process Accent Credit Card Payments and Interest.
- Perform Account Audit’s, posting and re-posting of patient payments.
- Create Claims, add modifiers for specific returned claims, updating claims and re-billing them
- Update and maintain Referring Provider and Employer databases.
- Office Maintenance - Place maintenance calls when needed and order ink.
- Vending machine & Kitchen supplies.
- Supports special projects and other designated activities, as assigned. Performs other related
duties and projects as assigned in support of our mission and core values.
- Ability to assist in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and institute changes
as well as communication to those affected.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Software knowledge to include use of MS Office products
- Strong customer service skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of billing software at individual user level
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred
To apply please visit www.TherapeuticAssociates.com/Careers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Office Billing: 2 years (Preferred)