Senior Asset Manager or Director
The responsibilities of the Asset Manager will be to provide financial analysis, analytical decision support services and technical expertise for the asset management and operations team. The Manager will assist CFO and team in optimizing their real estate strategies by developing comprehensive financial models, conducting research, and performing analysis of properties for development, dispositions, refinancing or JV ventures. The Manager will design and build sophisticated financial models for properties with existing cash flow in addition to development opportunities. The Manager will present financial models to senior group leaders and clients. His/Her primary role will be to oversee the P&L of the existing office and warehouse properties. In addition, he/she will supervise the property manager.
Location: San Francisco
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Prepare financial modeling and underwriting for investment sale assignments, pitches and proposals using different financial concepts such as IRR, DCF, Cash on Cash, etc.
- Real estate cash flow modeling experience with a primary emphasis on development projects. Understanding and modeling skills in distribution waterfall and JV promote structures.
- Working on special projects including hold-sell analysis and evaluation of refinancing; interacting with joint venture partners; monitoring business plan performance and reacting to correct any variances;
- Develop and implement, through third party property and leasing teams, property level strategies for leasing, operations and capital expenditures.
- Budgeting, forecasting and expense management to maximize recurring net income.
- Work with the Accounting and operations department to identify key capital needs and help prepare financial statements for lenders and other capital partners.
- Present and discuss financial models to brokers and clients
- Assist with the due diligence required for the underwriting and marketing of the assignments (i.e. review and abstract leases, P&L statements, appraisals, property condition reports, environmental, etc.)
- Conduct analysis and develop analytic strategies for lease/purchase/disposition decisions.
- Assist in developing content and writing presentation packages and offering memoranda
- Coordinate with debt/equity team members to underwrite based on debt placement scenarios.
- Research sale and lease comparable data, submarket statistics and peer property inventory using our internal resources.
- Keep current with market trends and industry knowledge.
- Backup support as needed for financial reporting and variance analyses.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- Extensive experience with developing financial models, cash flows, IRR, DCF, Cash on Cash analysis, etc. for cash flowing assets and development opportunities.
- Advanced proficiency with PC applications including Yardi and Excel. Argus is a plus.
Ability to work in a complex team environment across multiple departments, under minimum supervision and manage tight deadlines.
- In-depth experience in lease negotiation and structuring.
- Some travel to Asia may be required
- Mandarin speaking abilities is a plus, but not required
- Action oriented and has ability to handle multiple deadlines, stressful situations, and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- Dependable, flexible, ability to balance challenges and able to deal with strong personalities.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MS/MBA or CFA in Finance/Accounting is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of extensive financial analyses knowledge – Prior experience in 2 of the following categories would be ideal: investment banking, real estate private equity, development, real estate investment management, property underwriting for major institutional lender.
- Market Salary Base, plus bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Asset Management: 5 years (Preferred)