Full Job Description
About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
The XFL is looking for season-long temporary Social Media Editors to join our Content team for our season. The season runs from February to the end of April. The Social Media Editor is responsible for creating and programming social media content for the XFL's followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and more. The successful candidate will represent the XFL and at times its team accounts, while being the voice of the brand across all channels. The Social Media Editor will devise, coordinate and execute multi-platform strategies for internal and external campaigns.
What you will do
- Manage the company's day-to-day social media content and activities for all of XFL's social platforms.
- Maintain brand presence on existing social media networks, including content and visual updates as needed.
- Provide real-time platform coverage during live XFL games and events, including news posts, video clips, GIFs and more.
- Directly engage with XFL team accounts, media members, influencers, partners and more via social media platforms to foster engagement and conversations.
- Strategize and develop effective social campaigns for internal and third-party initiatives, including sponsored executions.
- Develop original social-based editorial features such as themed Instagram Stories, Twitter Moments, Facebook Watch episode content, slideshows, etc.
- Support and proactively ideate for new and emerging features on existing platforms.
- Interface and liaise with platform partners.
- Perform content moderation duties for fan-submitted content, ensuring that the content is meeting XFL standards as shown in arena or on-air.
- Monitor activity and social chatter for potential news leads for the editorial team.
- Keep current with XFL news, teams, rosters, fan bases, brands and products.
- Remain informed and familiar with social/digital content trends.
- Track analytics and use data to make informed strategy suggestions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience in social media editing and channel management.
- Ability to commit 6-8 hours for 2-3 days per week.
- Extraordinary problem solving and project management capabilities.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with exceptional time management and multitasking abilities.
- Must be able to work non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends during XFL games and live TV programming.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Impeccable grammar and diction required.
- Passion for emerging media trends and technology, including social platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of football (Formations, Xs and Os, terminology, history, etc.).
- Passion for pop culture.
- Expertise in paid social media campaigns and execution.
- Experience with social media content management systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **
By submitting this application I acknowledge and understand that Alpha Entertainment LLC [XFL] will collect and use my personal information in accordance with XFL's Applicant Privacy Notice (https://www.xfl.com/legal/ccpa/xfl-applicant-notice ( https://www.xfl.com/legal/ccpa/xfl-applicant-notice )).