Bloomreach software enables highly personalized digital experiences for enterprises around the world. Bloomreach Experience (BRX) is the world's first Digital Experience Platform specifically designed for retailers, brands, distributors and manufacturers. It combines a next generation Content Management System (CMS), a set of digital merchandising tools, and a powerful semantic search engine. BRX stimulates customer engagement and loyalty, as well as it boosts conversion and increases revenue. Further, BRX balances machine learning with tools that keep human creativity at the helm of digital experience.
Recognized by leading analyst firms, Bloomreach is a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management (WCM), a Strong Performer in the Forrester Wave for WCM, and a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for DXP.
With a global network of certified partners, Bloomreach serves hundreds of large and medium enterprise customers such as Neiman Marcus, Staples, REI, Mailchimp, FC Bayern München, and the UK's NHS Digital. Founded in 2009, Bloomreach is headquartered in Silicon Valley and Amsterdam, with offices worldwide.
Bloomreach is solving one of the digital world's most fundamental problems: helping people instantly find what they need when they need it. We are seeking a distributed system engineer to join our core Search Quality team to help us improve the quality as well as the scalability and stability of our search platform in the cloud. In this role, you'll work with a passionate, versatile, and collaborative team, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to influence and implement architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world's most trusted digital experience platform.
Who you are:
- You are curious with a desire to understand how the world works and why our semantic search engine is leading the industry
- You are happy; the work is challenging, but you always put a smile on your face
- You are honest even if it means having to share bad news or disagree with a team member
- You are motivated and willing to do whatever it takes to honor your commitment and get the job done
- You are humble, always open-minded, eager to learn from others, and focus on the we instead of I
- You are team oriented and find fulfillment working in a highly collaborative team environment with like-minded individuals to drive our business forward
- Scale Bloomreach's Hadoop and Spark-based data processing pipelines -- including crawling, parsing, indexing, semantic analysis and language modeling, and analytics -- to handle and maintain complex processes in an efficient and reliable way
- Design and implement core architecture components for new features and improve performance for existing high-traffic, high available search API
- Build infrastructure, monitoring, and tools to increase automation, improve efficiency of the engineering team while maintaining technical excellence in the code base
- Develop new algorithms to improve semantic understanding of different content types for better search experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 1+ years experience building software solutions in a corporate or startup engineering environment using C++ and/or Java, Python, and Ruby
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale in a production environment
- Experience with map-reduce or large-scale data processing (e.g Hadoop, Spark), Linux serving systems, and MySQL is a plus
- Experience with AWS, GCP a plus
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of BloomReach are considered property of BloomReach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.