Reporting to the Director of Administration for Operations Shared Services, the Communications Manager will plan, execute, and evaluate a comprehensive communications and marketing program for Operations Division at Virginia Tech and align those activities with university-wide communications, marketing and branding initiatives.
The Communications Manager will have a strong record of progressive experience in today’s communications fields, which includes evidence of strong writing and editing, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and marketing skills; proficiency in using word processing, image processing, content management systems, and social media tools; a strong understanding of effective graphic design and branding principles; the use of the Internet as a medium of communication; and the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a dynamic environment. The manager will work as a member of the Operations Shared Services team to promote goals related to communications while working in partnership with University Relations.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience or master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in communications or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, and evaluate a comprehensive communications program.
- Ability to define goals and objectives, identify target audiences, and develop and implement strategic plans to accomplish and measure progress towards communications goals.
- Experience in a higher education.
- Strong skills using technology in the workplace; familiarity with content management systems, web platforms, email management, data analytics, and social media competencies.
- Familiarity with design principles and creative communications.
Must have a conviction check: Yes Describe Other:
Employment Comments: How to Apply for this Job:
- May need to work additional hours outside of normal schedule to meet the needs of the department and division.
- As necessary, may work some evenings or weekends to meet department needs.
Interested candidates must apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting AP0180094. Include with the faculty application, a cover letter, resume, and list of five references. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodation in the application process please notify the Human Resources Service Center, 540-231-9331, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A review of applications will begin after April 19, 2018.
Administrative and Professional Faculty Appointment Type: Regular If restricted or temporary, enter end date: FLSA Status: Exempt: Not eligible for overtime Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year Percent Employment: Full-time If part time, enter Percent Time: Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience Location: Blacksburg Department: VP for Operations Location, if not Blacksburg: Location Zip Code: 24060 Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Job Posting Date: 03/29/2018 Review Begin Date: 04/19/2018 Job Close Date: Restricted to university employees only? No Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.