What makes this special:
It is an exciting time to join the Walgreens digital team! Walgreens is undergoing a digital transformation and the digital commerce team is at the forefront of that transformation. The work is fast-paced and exciting. The team has an entrepreneurial spirit – an innovative mentality and collaborative culture and Walgreens is looking for someone who is passionate about driving online sales and customer experience to join their digital commerce beauty team!
What you will do:
The Digital Commerce Associate Category Manager (ACM) position supports the Digital Commerce Category Manager and is responsible for the Grocery/Household category online. The team manages online sales and buys online pick-up in-store/omnichannel sales. Some of the day to day include: shaping the online customer-centric pricing, promotions, and assortment strategies, and digital marketing programs for the beauty category to drive online sales via the website. The Digital ACM collaborates daily with cross-functional teams to support and execute the merchandising strategy essential to the Organization’s vision. With direction, the Digital ACM manages ongoing business through insight-led decision making, assortment optimization, category marketing, visual merchandising, and supplier management - to name a few.
- Plans, develops, and recommends sales, gross profit level, inventory control, and merchandise turnover objectives for online merchandising.
- Responsible for managing and meeting financial goals (sales, margin, inventory, etc) and presenting results and strategies to the leadership team.
- Develops and recommends online merchandising and promotions to strengthen Omni channel revenue.
- Negotiates buying contracts on categories or subsets of categories as determined by the Digital Commerce Category Manager and reviews contracts with the Digital Commerce Category Manager.
- Ensures all site product and product content is current and accurate.
- Analyzes market, competitive, and customer perception data, and provides recommendations to the Digital Commerce Category Manager regarding price levels and merchandising opportunities.
- Reviews and analyzes historical and YTD category performance data. Recommends performance goals for categories, and manages category performance as assigned by the Digital Commerce Category Manager.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to review and define customer insights through the ongoing analysis of the online channel and provides recommendations to leaders on action plans for growth and improvements.
- Develops an understanding of Walgreens and WBA private brands, including assortment and projected sales forecasts, gross profit level, and merchandising and promotional programs. Works with the Digital Commerce Category Manager to project sales forecasts and gross profit levels within the assigned categories.
- May manage team members including hiring, developing, motivating and instructing people as they work, and manages teams indirectly across client and operational organizations (including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of the team).
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in two or more of the following: retail, procurement/purchasing, merchandising, vendor relations, pharmacy operations, or retail marketing OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in two or more of the following: retail, procurement/purchasing, merchandising, vendor relations, pharmacy operations, or retail marketing.
Experience working with P&L concepts – revenue, cogs, gross profit margin, operating expenses and income.
Strong knowledge of consumer product merchandising and experience with sourcing, supplier negotiations, visual merchandising, forecasting and promotional strategy.
Knowledge of customer centric retailing principles and the analytics of customer purchase behavior.
At least 2 years of experience developing programs in merchandising, vendor relations, and marketing in the retail business.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example:
using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
At least 1 year experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
Experience working in the digital space.