Woodcraft Magazine is seeking an Art Director with publishing experience.
· Must have a good working relationship with the editorial team.
· Negotiate and contract technical illustrators and photographers.
· Schedule and supervise photo shoots.
· Continue improvement of editorial presentation.
· Layout the main features of each issue.
· Manipulate photos and drawings.
· Label and dimension drawings.
· Design and revise subscription and other ancillary material.
· Provide appropriate digital material for web and social media use.
· Oversee printing through bi-monthly press checks.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Graphic Design
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Strong photography skills
· Time management.
· Familiarity with woodworking and tools
Manage Graphic Designer. Manage freelance illustrators, photographers, and designers. Direct photographers and models during photo shoots.
· Competitive health insurance program, dental, vision.
· Vacation, paid sick leave.
· Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail