- Six Sigma
- Continuous Improvement
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Retail Financial Analyst will collect, organize and present data to company management that is used in decision making to lower costs, reduce inventories and increase sales. This position needs the ability to analyze financial information with interpersonal skills to form management teams directed at process improvement and cost reduction. This position will work with both the Corporate Finance teams and HomeStore Operations Management to develop analysis tools to assist process improvements, the development of key process measures, inventory management and the development of business plans and forecasts.
The Retail Financial Analyst will form and focus management teams directed toward increased traffic, conversion and profit margins. This position will provide management critical information used in decision making and must verify and validate a very large amount of information relative to product costs, margins, inventory levels, and company performance indicators.
Primary Job Functions:
1. Provide direct support to corporate-owned HomeStore markets by providing Key Process Measures (KPM) and business analytics used by Operations management to take actions directed at business improvements. Prepare and facilitate weekly and monthly management meetings designed to review KPMs and establish follow-up action plans to improve financial performance. Work to increase the speed and efficiency of reporting and improved levels or drill down and analysis of information.
2. Actively participate in cross-functional process improvement teams working to improve key performance measures including traffic, sales, conversion, returns, and replacement part costs, days to deliver and expense reductions, margin improvements, inventory improvements including stocking levels, and reduction of slow-moving and discontinued goods.
3. Ensure accountability for key business processes including returns, margins and salesperson performance by monitoring reporting information and follow-up with Regional Directors and market Vice Presidents to ensure actions are being taken to facilitate improvements.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
2. 1+ year of accounting experience
3. Retail costing and inventory control system
4. Operational accounting performance measures
5. Knowledge of retail accounting systems
6. Budget planning and financial forecasting
7. Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma
8. Solid technical knowledge of retail costing systems, G/L reporting and key process measures
9. Ability to travel as moderate domestic travel and some opportunity for international travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.