GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Perform variety of accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of accounting records, invoices, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience requirements include: High School Diploma. Experience working in Accounts Receivable a plus.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist in processing billing as needed.
2. Process Change Orders as needed on projects, ensuring proper documentation and signatures included with change order.
3. Process job set-ups including applicable project cost, contract amounts and relevant documentation for job file.
4. Maintain job folders ensuring relevant job documentation properly filed.
5. Coordinate with Division Mangers/General Foreman to resolve billing issues, discrepancies and ensure billing is complete and accurate.
6. Coordinate with customers on invoice inquiries and documentation.
7. Submit proper releases to customers, enabling payment as needed.
8. Assist in making collection calls, sending out collection letters to customers with outstanding balances.
9. File preliminary notices on applicable new jobs.
10. File stop notices as needed for severely past-due customers on applicable jobs.
11. Set-up new vendors for accounts payable in Spectrum.
12. Answer in-coming office calls and direct as needed.
13. Perform additional duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
understanding of invoicing, billing. Good knowledge and ability using Microsoft Excel, Word and other office applications. Ability to multi-task multiple responsibilities and tasks. Basic
Ability to meet deadlines due to financial reporting requirements. Maintain professional attitude, behavior and work well with others. Knowledge of Ariba and Spectrum a plus. Ability to work overtime as needed.
Background check, credit check, MVR and drug screen may be required. (will vary by position)