We are looking for candidates with a deep understanding of modern SaaS architecture and experience across the full stack with a “create tools not band-aids” DevOps mindset. If you would rather improve health outcomes for millions instead of helping sell ads on the Internet, this is the job for you!
You'll get to build a SaaS business from the ground up with the ability to influence the product and architecture and lots of opportunities for growth. Plus get to work side by side with a team of world-class doctors and researchers who want to impact global healthcare delivery.
The Software Engineer is a key member in a team of 10+ engineers and will apply knowledge of design principles, practices in the implementation of complex, enterprise-scale software systems. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in design reviews for components or features, development and testing of the core software stack, and reliability testing.
- Software Development: This is a hands-on software development position to write high quality software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
- Process & Operations: Ensure the software stack integrates with our existing CI pipeline and contribute to continuous improvement; independently design, plan and deliver high quality software
- Leadership: Ensure a culture that values technical excellence together with support and compassion for individuals
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Who you are
- You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.)
- Have successfully built, deployed, and supported web application in the cloud
- Ideally have full-stack experience, with expertise in at least one layer
- Hands-on software development experience in either Java or C++ with expertise in at least one
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems
- Experience in healthcare is not required, but familiarity with healthcare data and workflows is a plus (e.g. HL7, IHE)
Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions
- Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.