High-End Millwork (Windows, Doors & Cabinetry) Company is looking for a qualified individual, with extensive Architectural background, to manage and update Shop Drawings for Wood Windows and Doors.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Maintain and Expand CAD library of files for various types of products and details.
- Use and Update templates and proper paperwork, as required by the Estimating and Drafting departments
- Organize hardware lists, order hardware and other materials, as needed.
- Communicate with Suppliers and Salespeople regarding status of projects & orders
- Maintain the CAD catalog of drawings & details, for easy to find referencing on future projects
- Manage and Enhance the actual CAD drawings with the following considerations:
o Structural integrity and physical operation
o Hardware compatibility, Weatherproofing
o Design & Appearance
- Visit jobsites to meet with architects / builders / customers, and accumulate any information required to begin the Shop Drawing process
- Confirm understanding of Shop Drawings and get final sign-off for projects
- Compile information needed for estimates and change orders, includes doing blue print take-offs, creating RFI lists and getting various pricings from vendors.
- Must study and understand terminology used in our industry
- Architectural Degree or background
- 2+ years of experience with Auto/CAD or other Drafting software
- 4+ years of computer use and knowledge of various software
- 2+ years construction / millwork experience
- Experience Creating & Editing PDF Files using Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent time management skills
- Good client communication and service skills
- Detail oriented & very organized
- Have a valid CA drivers license
- Have a positive & professional attitude & demeanor
- Have a neat & professional appearance
- Must be able to multi task & change work direction, as needed
- Must be able to complete projects/tasks in a timely manner
- Must be able to meet all deadlines given
IF YOU HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE NOTED, PLEASE CONTACT US RIGHT AWAY
WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE IMMEDIATELY
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year