Job Description: The Copyright Division at Higbee & Associates represents some of the world's most famous photographers and top news agencies. The Associate Litigation Attorney will have the opportunity to work with these clients and represent them in copyright litigation and pre-litigation matters as well as other intellectual property proceedings. The associate will work with a paralegal to file cases, as well as a collaborative team of litigation attorneys. The attorney is responsible for all phases of the case from start to finish including initiating the case, discovery, motion practice, and all hearings including trial if applicable. Caseload will include mostly copyright matters.
ABOUT THE LAW FIRM:
The law firm was founded in 2006 and employs nearly 100 people. We are growth-minded and believe in empowering our employees with the tools necessary to provide excellent service and value to our clients. We strive to have a work environment that allows employs to enjoy their work and play an important part in fulfilling the law firm's mission.
Role in Law Firm Mission: Responsible for advocating for and protecting clients’ intellectual property rights, while maintaining the great reputation of the law firm as a whole.
Supervisor: Supervising Litigation Attorney
Key Specific Duties:
- Negotiate settlements prior to and after filing
- Evaluate copyright cases
- File copyright lawsuits
- Conduct client intake, includes evaluating copyrightability of works
- Conduct legal research
- Draft legal memoranda and briefs
- Draft law and motion
- Draft and respond to discovery
- Take and defend depositions
- Draft trial preparation documents
- Manage and advise clients on legal matters
- Correspond with clients and prospective clients via e-mail and telephone
- Correspond with court, opposing counsel and other state agencies regarding case
- Miscellaneous tasks, including mail, emails, and voicemails
Minimum Technical Requirements:
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Passage of the Bar Exam (In any US State: CA and FL preferred)
- Mastery of the English and legal language, both written and spoken
IMPORTANT LEGAL MUMBO-JUMBO
We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate in favor of or against anyone based on age, race, religion, gender, ethnicity or any other legally protected class. Job description, duties and hours are subject to change. This is an at-will position.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- In what state(s) are you licensed to practice law?
- Where are you located?
- How many years of litigation experience do you have? Please describe your litigation experience.
- Do you have any copyright litigation experience?
- What is your expected compensation?
Work Location: In person