Are you seeking an opportunity to apply your community development skills at a respected and cherished nonprofit? Do you enjoy a challenge and being part of a team environment?
New Life Center is in need of an experienced fundraising professional to lead our Community Development team.
Founded in 1991, New Life Center has grown to become the largest domestic violence shelter in Arizona. The passion and commitment of NLC is best demonstrated by its mission: ”Saving Lives, Building Futures…Empowering survivors escaping domestic violence.” NLC provides a temporary safe haven for families fleeing domestic violence. Our comprehensive 120-day program empowers families to craft independent lives.
Community Development Director
Reports to: CEO
Exempt – Full Time
*Job Function*: Directs all aspects of the Community Development Department as assigned by the CEO. Plans and executes a comprehensive donor and volunteer cultivation program to support New Life Center’s strategic goals. Develops internal and external communications, publications and other marketing initiatives. With the CEO, generates financial support for programs and operations through grant applications, major gift cultivation, strategic fundraising, marketing, events and increased community awareness.
- Oversees daily operations of the Community Development Department, including the volunteer program, the management of all donor/volunteer information, marketing and public relations material, grant information management and program data management.
- Facilitates interaction with other departments on agency initiatives, community events, volunteer opportunities, and agency needs.
- Conducts training for department and agency staff and volunteers as needed to orient others on the fundraising model and other aspects of working with donors and volunteers.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of grant production and reporting and other projects/events as identified.
- With the Executive Team, assists with agency-wide budget preparation and manages department budget expenditures.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive donor cultivation program that supports New Life Center’s strategic goals.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of New Life Center’s fundraising model and practice and how it relates to the community, the staff and volunteers.
- Develops and executes a thorough major-gift cultivation plan including planned giving and endowment funds.
- Reports on agency progress, program accomplishments, and fiscal stewardship to all major funders in a timely manner including government, municipal, corporate/foundation, and individual contributors.
- Responsible for donor cultivation and recognition.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with community leaders, donors, volunteers and the community through verbal and written communication with community leaders, donors, volunteers, team members and the collective public.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization, the community, staff, volunteers and the residents through presentation, information and communication.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive annual event calendar for the agency.
- Ensures that all NLC events are executed professionally and successfully while promoting the agency’s mission and objectives.
- Participates in community presentations and informational sessions.
- Supports the Agency in the coordination of third party events.
- Makes follow up calls to “thank you letters” and assigns thank you calls for high level donors to Senior Staff (24 hour turn around goal on processing donations).
- Prepares monthly Community Development Department report for management. Prepares quarterly and annual reports as requested.
- Attends meetings of the Board of Directors and other meetings as directed.
- Plans, executes and follows up on all aspects of the annual Brighter Day event.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive marketing strategy that supports New Life Center’s strategic goals.
- Responsible for all public relations material including press releases and media alerts. Responds to media inquiries in coordination with the CEO.
- Reviews and edits all New Life Center publications, including brochures, newsletters, fact sheets and annual report.
- Oversees all external communications including message development, marketing of the organization, public education, and communication through the implementation of the overall marketing and public relations strategy.
- Oversees social media and website development and strategy.
- Shares in the responsibility for cleanliness & appearance of the entire shelter.
- Reports all emergencies, resident concerns and organizational needs to the Program Director and Supervisors.
- Demonstrate the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Keep current on issues of Domestic Violence.
- Help build cooperative relationships with all staff and volunteers.
- Support and adhere to all policies regarding resident and program confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CEO.
- Contribute to the safe and therapeutic milieu of New Life Center.
- Keep current on issues of domestic violence.
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree preferred, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in volunteer coordination, community relations, marketing or related field. Other combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Be bondable by fidelity.
- Obtain fingerprint clearance.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- Negative TB test required.
- Must be computer knowledgeable and familiar with data base management.
- Possess valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
- Community Development: 4 years (Preferred)