ABB is seeking an Associate Site Manager for its Lake Mary, Florida location. This role is responsible to Lead all on-site activities of a project to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, maintenance phases.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans project on-site activities with Project Manager including necessary local resources, equipment and milestones. Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization and policy.
- Responsible, from receiving the assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over to the end customer on completion day, for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities.
- Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the ABB H&S plan. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. Empowered to suspend any activities on site (be it by ABB personnel or by subcontractors) in case of OHS violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that ABB employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk.
- Ensures correct handling, storage and installation of ABB-delivered equipment, coordinating on-site storage as well as shipment logistics to secure timely site delivery of equipment and material.
- Manages the sub-contractors on site hired by ABB to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
- Controls project cost for the project site work, monitors actual spend against forecasts, and estimates final cost for the same. Manages the petty cash and has delegated authority for local purchasing within agreed limits.
- Ensures all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site.
- Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Coordinates local.
- Accommodation, site facilities, office equipment, petty cash, etc.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years in engineering design , project management, and/ or project engineering or any combination of same ... else.. 7 years of same experience with AS degree.. else 9 years of same experience with HS degree.
- Experience integrating Electrical Equipment into Electrical Buildings.
- Experience working with Multiple Suppliers and Vendors simultaneously.
- PMI certification a plus
- Significant experience managing Projects within Engineering and/or Construction sector.
- Previous experience with Industrial Electrical or Power Utility Products.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Lake Mary, Florida, USA
Business Unit Distribution Solutions
Date posted 2018-11-15
Job Function Installation and Commissioning
Publication ID US67430075_E1