Pacifica Hotels is seeking a Junior Staff Accountant to provide accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department.
We are a growing company where you will have the opportunity to make a contribution to our success on a daily basis. We value new ideas, creativity and productivity. We encourage and support autonomy and empower leadership, management and staff to do “the right thing” every day, time after time. We like people who are passionate about their roles and people who like to grow and change as the company evolves. We have a destination in mind, and we’re going to enjoy the journey. Do you want to be part of that journey?
Many of the brands executive team members worked their way up through the "ranks" having worked in the company's properties in operational based roles. Pacifica Hotels has a team oriented culture that believes in rewarding and promoting from within.
As a company, we take pride in delivering an unparalleled boutique hotel experience that is driven by superior guest service. Pacifica Hotels is committed to creating memories through front-line leadership that results in guest loyalty and satisfaction.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for various hotel/corporate entities monthly.
- Prepare budget variance comments for management.
- Perform bank reconciliations for complex bank accounts and prepare related journal entries.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts and research aging items.
- Review and audit Accounts Payable submitted by the hotel properties.
- Prepare monthly occupancy and sales tax returns.
- Reconcile bank accounts in a timely manner.
- Prepare and automate standard monthly journal entries.
- Audit and post bi-weekly payroll.
- Audit and post Daily Collection Reports.
- Vendor maintenance – maintaining W9 forms from new vendors and maintaining current vendors.
- Compile data for annual tax filings and post year-end tax adjustments provided by CPAs
- Research and file annual Unclaimed Property.
- Assist Senior Accountants with compiling information for audits.
- Assist Accountants in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual closings.
- Administrative assistance as requested.
- Special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- BS Degree in Accounting or related degree with heavy accounting emphasis in coursework
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Proficient with MS Work, Excel and Outlook
- Ten key by touch required