Kona Grill - Corporate Controller
People are the Heart of Kona Grill, so it’s important for us to find passionate individuals to join our family. Whether we’re cooking a meal, serving a guest or helping each other, we see every moment as an opportunity to show our excitement and purpose. We offer careers, not just jobs, so we are looking for spirited and passionate people to engage in our training program to learn and grow within the company. If you take pride in providing exceptional service, then we know you will love being a part of the Kona culture.
The Controller is responsible for all accounting and tax functions to produce timely and accurate financial statements for a growing publicly traded restaurant company with over 40 locations in 21 states. The Controller is responsible for ensuring that appropriate controls and procedures are in place and operating effectively to facilitate a clean SOX 404 audit. This position is also responsible for the preparation and oversight of cash flow forecasts and analysis to help the company meet its strategic initiatives. The Controller will work directly with senior management on evaluating business results, return‐on‐investment analyses, and cost‐savings initiatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
2. Lead the team in all aspects of accounting to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
3. Coach and develop accounting team members, including establishing annual goals and meeting with employees on at least a quarterly basis to monitor progress and achieve results.
4. Review work performed by accounting personnel in order to identify any issues and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and corporate policies.
5. Serve as the primary contact for key audit matters and manage a relationship with the external auditors.
6. Perform treasury and cash management role, including cash flow forecasts and managing cash accounts.
7. Perform ad hoc analysis and make recommendations to improve company profitability.
8. Assess and recommend technology solutions or process changes to improve efficiency.
9. Review regulatory filings, including income tax, sales tax, property tax returns, etc. to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
10. Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate the financial needs of the organization.
11. Monitor worker’s compensation, general liability, and medical claims and assist in annual insurance renewal for all lines of coverage.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. Minimum of 7 years' experience in accounting and finance.
3. Relevant industry experience preferred but not required.
4. Minimum of 5 years' experience in a management level position.
5. Previous controller experience, public company experience is a plus.
6. CPA a plus, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We do not use any outside agencies or external recruiters at this time. If you would like to be considered for future use, reach out to the Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com.
Text KONA to 51893 or Click Here to Join our Talent Network