The LANAIR Group
Who We Are:
LANAIR Group, LLC is a Premier IT Services Consultant firm. We deliver enterprise-level managed services to businesses of all sizes.
LANAIR integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific need and delivers it as a service via the company's commitment of client service.
We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments, enabling them to focus on their core business. LANAIR has grown rapidly, since 2006.
What We Want:
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to work out of our Valparaiso, Indiana, office.
Senior System Engineers are a key element within the LANAIR support infrastructure and are expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers – remotely and on occasion onsite via a comprehensive CRM system.
Senior System Engineers are an integral part of a sophisticated customer support system. These engineers apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems and assist in their eventual resolution.
Senior System Engineers are expected to use initiative, advise and consult, using existing “best practice” methods. Engineers are expected to proactively provide alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer’s issue.
- Build, configure & troubleshoot Citrix Virtual servers, desktops, and applications.
- Install, configure & troubleshoot server operating systems and applications.
- Install, configure & troubleshoot Window 2008/2012/2016, and Linux servers to meet customer requirements.
- Perform network administration tasks at client sites.
- Perform system and administrative tasks as outlined by LANAIR Group standard procedures for client visits.
- Handle administrative duties to maintain good client and vendor relations.
- Stay current on industry trends and technology, which may affect operations or customer expectations.
- Follow policies and standard operating procedures for the ITS department.
- Focused client service to maintain excellent client relationships.
- Participate in the On-Call Technician rotation.
- Work with IT Services Manager to develop and follow an education/certification program to increase/maintain level of technical expertise.
- Projects, tasks, and responsibilities are completed accurately and professionally with minimum un-billable time.
- Maintains successful attitude, professional presentation, and productive communication style.
- Maintains satisfactory relationships with peers.
- Complete vendor online certifications that are required for partner competency/product familiarity
- Expert familiarity with LANAIR Core Infrastructure Management Services including:
- Connectwise service board management
- ControlPoint Management (Kaseya) Remote Administration
- ControlPoint Monitor (Netmon) Analysis and Reporting
- Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, VMware View image management
- Advanced Level Hyper-V Cluster Management and Deployment
- Advanced Level vCenter Virtual Machine and Data Store Management basics
- Storage Area Networking: Install configure and manage LANAIR supported storage technologies (Equallogic, Compellent, Dell MD Units)
- Dell Server Deployment Expertise
- Advanced Microsoft Exchange Install, Configure and Troubleshooting
- Advanced Active Directory concepts and troubleshooting
- Intermediate to advanced Dell, HP, Cisco Switch management is a requirement
- Intermediate to advanced Fortinet, Cisco and Sonicwall firewall management is a requirement
- Dell Chassis Deployment and Management expertise is a requirement
- Dell Equallogic, Compellent and DAS storage systems expertise is a requirement
Desired Skills & Certifications:
Desirable candidates should have a thorough understanding of the concepts below:
- Mailflow Troubleshooting
- Exchange Configuration, Management, and Migration
- Office 365 Fundamentals
- Competency with Powershell
- Core troubleshooting fundamentals for Citrix, VMWare, and Hyper-V hypervisors
- Internal/External DNS Troubleshooting
Desirable candidates should have Microsoft, Citrix or VMware certifications. A guideline is listed below:
- Server Infrastructure
- Desktop Infrastructure
- Private Cloud
- Datacenter Virtualization
Candidates must have the communication skills of a highly seasoned IT Consultant. This may require tactful handling of client communications; confidently believing, expressing and implementing LANAIR vendor best practice and service standards. Candidates are expected to self-train, motivate and lead others, assist with development and automation of managed service platform and project services. Candidates constantly seek to improve one-self as well as those around and is comfortably familiar with LANAIR service agreements and client platform management style. Candidates should plan for higher certification levels, attend webinars, seminars and other form of educational offerings from vendors as needed.
Candidates work well in team and on their own, seeks out to help others and is able work as a team member as well as a leader.
Candidates may occasionally be required to work after hours or on weekends depending on emergency or scheduled maintenance and project demands.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by staff members in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
What’s so Great about LANAIR?
We are an I.T. Services Company – run entrepreneurially by I.T. Service Engineers, so we understand the job and what it takes. As a fast growing organization with aggressive growth targets we offer the following:
- An organization where you will be immersed in an IT Consulting Practice, where you will gain valuable “breadth” and “depth” experience.
- Upside growth and opportunities – a place to be recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
- Above Average Compensation Plan
- Above Average Benefit Program including 401K Plan What’s Next?
- Please carefully read above, “What We Want” regarding this opportunity. The successful team member will have to get up to speed quickly. If all of the above makes sense to you, we will want to meet you.
- Email your resume addressed as System Engineer: Level III in the subject line, including your salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time