EVS Tech.-1.0 FTE 8 hour days shift
Environmental Service Department is looking for reliable, trustworthy, compassionate people to join our team; providing a clean and healing environment for our patients and the community. Experience is optional, positive attitude is essential.
This is a 1.0 FTE position
Cleans patient care and non-patient care areas throughout the facility including patient rooms, laboratories, offices, restrooms, emergency dept., off-site clinic and office locations, dietary, and ancillary areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Cleans and remakes beds. Distributes laundered articles and linens. Processes soiled linen.
- 2. Dust mops and damp mops resilient floors. Vacuums carpets. Performs interim floor care. Cleans and maintains floor care equipment.
- 3. Dusts furniture and equipment. Cleans metalwork. Washes walls, ceilings, and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- 4. Empties wastebaskets. Transports regular and bio-hazardous waste to disposal area(s). Empties bio-hazardous containers. Collects confidential paper. Operates compactor.
- 5. Cleans elevators and stairwells.
- 6. Refills paper products, soap and hand sanitizer dispensers. Cleans/disinfects equipment. Cleans ovens, vent hoods and fans. Replaces cubicle curtains.
7. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason General Hospital & Family of Clinics mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
1. Valid Washington State Drivers' License and access to dependable transportation.