JOB TITLE: Teacher Infant/Toddler
$1,074.44 Bi-Weekly CDA
$1,184.07 Bi-Weekly AA $1,421.11 Bi-Weekly BA or Higher
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Center Supervisor
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position serves as a teacher (aka caregiver) in a classroom of Early Head Start infants and toddlers by planning, implementing, and supervising all center-based activities. This position may work with infants and toddlers with developmental delays. Because this position is one part of a large system of services provided to infants/toddlers and families, this position also serves as a social service referral person and shares responsibility for parent involvement in the program. The position of Teacher works in tandem with the rest of the parts of the system as an integrated team to support the goals of the program. The position may be reassigned to various classrooms/centers as deemed necessary for program operations. The position may serve as “site director” for child care licensing purposes. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) Attends and participates in all required meetings, activities, pre-service and in-service training that includes but is not limited to 15 hours of classroom focused professional development and methods that comply with applicable State and local laws for identifying and reporting child abuse and neglect.
2) Remains up-to-date on information that pertains to the needs of the children in the program including Head Start Performance Standards, child care licensing regulations and other applicable regulations and practices.
3) Works as a team member with the other education staff, parents and Parent Committee members to develop curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
4) Responsible for the weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, which includes objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: The minimum educational requirement is:
(1) A current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or comparable credential*; and
(2) Have been trained or have equivalent coursework in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development.
To meet these qualifications, a prospective employee needs to meet one of the following:
Cut and paste the link below to complete an online application
This position is open until filled. CDI Head Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,148.00 to $2,842.00 /month