Nurse Leader – Clinical Decision Unit
The Clinical Decision Unit (CDU) is located on the 2nd floor of Parkview Randallia. This is an 11 bed observation unit that monitors patients mostly within 24 – 48 hours stays who are too unstable to be discharged directly from the ER. Patient acuity is typically low to moderate.
Responsible to develop an overall view of patients, family and caregivers by establishing strong partnerships dedicated to optimal care. The NL facilitates the delivery of optimal patient care by the healthcare team through delegation, facilitation, collaboration, critical thinking and prioritization. The NL is accountable for the management of care and the care environment by ensuring effective communication through all members of the healthcare team. Independently plans and provides excellent professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders, established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Practice, Indiana Nurse Practice Act, and the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Must obtain Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) within three years of employment or will not be
eligible to continue in role. Coursework is completed outside of work hours. Nurses with an
Associate of Science (ASN), hired/rehired or transferred from a non-nursing position prior to
12/1/2017 are grandfathered into the role and not required to obtain BSN. As of June 1, 2021, a BSN
degree will be required upon hire.
- Valid Indiana Registered Nurse license is required. CPR certification.
- Must have 2 – 3 years of RN experience in area of specialty where applying as a Nurse Leader.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, assist with lifting 100 pounds. Lifting requirement may be heavier for
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Compensation: Welcome and relocation bonuses offered, Loan repayment, Tuition assistance for
- Benefits: Health benefits and paid time off
- Education: Clinical onboarding and orientation, Nurse Residency program
- Growth: Professional nurse competency advancement program (STEPP Up)
- Recognition: Magnet recognition, 2018 Top 100 hospitals recognition, Advisory Board Workplace of
- Culture: World-class teamwork, Personalized health journeys for coworkers and family members
Parkview Health · Clinical Decision Unit
Part Time Benefit Eligible, Nights, 7p - 7:30a