Maintenance Supervisor for Property Management Company,Richmond, CA
We are a Richmond-based, rental property management company. We have been in business for over 50 years and manage a large portfolio of residential, commercial and land rental properties in Richmond and the surrounding community. We are a small company with dedicated members and are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining the physical condition of the rental properties.
Maintenance Supervisor will report directly to Property Manager and will help manage a maintenance team of 1-3 team members.
- Inspect and diagnose maintenance issues.
- Manage supplies, including purchasing, storing, inventorying and tracking expenses.
- Manage maintenance workers, including helping with hiring, training, scheduling and oversight.
- Schedule and prioritize open work orders, apartment turnovers, and major projects.
- Getting vacant units ready for occupancy and ensure timely vacancy turnaround. Ensure projects stay on budget and timeline and provide weekly updates.
- Schedule and complete inspections and complete projects all the way through final signoff.
- Organize accurate project records, job progress, photographs, receipts, and financials into maintenance software.
- Manage a key system, including replacing door locks and installing new doors.
- Ensure fire compliance including exit signs, smoke detectors, extinguishers and sprinklers.
- Provide excellent customer service including communicating with tenants, scheduling maintenance repairs and providing job completion follow up.
- Basic plumbing
- Basic electrical (when no license is required)
- Basic appliance repair
- General carpentry
- Cabinet Installation
- Carpet/Tile flooring installations
- General apartment repairs (interior/exterior).
Qualifications and Skills:
Qualified candidates must have the following experience:
- Minimum 5 years in apartment maintenance or related field
- Strong maintenance work and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, team management, problem-solving, motivational skills.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License and Insurance
- Have their own basic tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred: Has own truck/transportation (Mileage compensation is provided)
- Bilingual is a plus+
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- HVAC (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)