FitzGerald Associates Architects of Chicago is a leading Chicago-based full service architecture and interior design firm with roots dating back to 1919.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Interior Designer to join our team. We are committed to growing our team of exceptionally talented technical and design professionals and offering each of them (and you!) meaningful career advancement opportunities. This position has the potential to move into a Project Management role eventually so this person must have the desire and ability to perform in a player/coach role.
Ideal candidates join our team interested in managing all aspects of the design process from conceptual design through construction and FF&E installation. Members of our team have the opportunity to work on Mixed-Use, Multifamily, Senior Housing, Hospitality, Workplace, and Adaptive Reuse Developments.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assists in preparations of successful proposals and presentations
- Create and manage staff schedules and work flow
- Manage project schedules and budgets while maintaining client goodwill
- Meet with clients, vendors, consultants and contractors to facilitate design goals as well as determine methods of achieving successful implementation of plans.
- Manage production of design and construction drawings, including review and mark-ups of documentation
- Manage FF&E process for the projects. Review specifications and work with furniture dealer(s) to ensure bids meet the client’s budget and timeline.
- Make site visits to review existing conditions, coordinate with contractors and assess design quality is achieved.
Preferred experience of 8 - 10 years working in the field, commercial office experience preferred. Candidate should be experienced in documenting in Revit. Thorough knowledge and working experience with AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up and Photoshop, In Design is required.
Light travel and off hours attendance of industry events is expected.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited Interior Design program.
- NCIDQ certification is encouraged, but not required
- Must have minimum 1 year working experience in Revit and thorough working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience creating documents in Sketch-up, Photoshop and In Design required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment, take initiative and be proactive
- Willingness to be flexible and manage multiple responsibilities
Interested candidates should forward a resume and portfolio through link or provided email address.
Please, no phone calls.