Now Hiring Trivia Hosts! $50/per show hosted
Currently looking to staff shows in:
Last Call Trivia is a fun and professional live Trivia company that puts on hundreds of Trivia shows across the country in local bars and restaurants. We want hosts who love the pursuit of knowledge and being a part of an exciting weekly experience.
Shows last about 2 hours and are generally in the evening, with most shows starting between 6PM and 9PM.
What we’re looking for:
Candidates who are responsible, self-motivated, punctual, and personable. Those who can successfully multitask, promote on social media, and handle a crowd are ideal. Please read until the end to ensure that you meet the qualifications we are looking for.
What you’ll be doing:
You MUST have the following:
- Read trivia questions clearly and effectively (pronunciation matters).
- Play music between questions using your own laptop.
- Handle and set up audio equipment, which we will provide along with instructions.
- Keep score in the provided Excel template on your laptop.
- Interact with Trivia teams and entertain the crowd. Be friendly.
- Handle potential discrepancies with grace and professionalism.
- Though not required, we do offer a bonus/incentive program to Trivia Hosts who help us sign on bars or help us find other great Trivia hosts.
Please keep in mind:
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness to drive a reasonable distance.
- Minimal sub requests, especially at the last minute (we understand things come up, but please try to host your show each week if you can).
- Your own laptop.
- Excellent verbal reading and communication skills.
- Exemplary time-management skills (team information and scores must be submitted on time). Tardiness to shows and late score submissions will not be tolerated unless for good reason.
- You must be able to consistently host your show. Excessive requests off will not be permitted.
- We may need hosts to drive a reasonable distance to staff a show - if you are unable to do so, your application may not be considered.
- We ask that you host AT LEAST one show a week, but prefer that you are able to host more if you can.
- Longer-term commitment is ideal. Our teams form lasting connections with our hosts, making you an important part of our players’ experience each week.
- Applicants with social media presence and online knowledge will be given precedence. Promoting your show is important!
- If you love Trivia or learning new things, you’re our kind of people! Knowledge is our most valuable currency.