Our client is looking for an experienced, results-oriented social media manager to join our team.
This organization is a fast-growing nonprofit organization that is a pioneer in digital impact. This non-profit’s purpose is to see a day where veterans are at no greater risk of taking their lives than any other American. They are a national leader in both veteran services and digital community building.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for creating and executing the organization's social media strategy to drive awareness, traffic, engagement and conversion of veterans in need as well as donors Ultimately, this includes conceptualizing and implementing the Stop Soldier Suicide "voice" across all social platforms to communicate effectively with designated audiences and drive engagement.
You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated social campaigns from concept to execution. The Social Media Manager will work with the marketing team, supporting teams (such as developers, designers and copywriters), and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget. Compensation includes a competitive base salary to any “for profit” and benefits plan.
We are looking for individuals with a knowledge of succeeding within a fast pace environment, can manage campaigns tactically and strategically, has experience in B2C, is proactive and can work well with a decentralized environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to articulate the 2Modern "voice" and communicate across all social media platforms
- Track, monitor, react to and manage all social channels on a daily (and hourly) basis, including evenings and weekends – both real-time and scheduled
- Track and monitor the effectiveness and success of online initiatives using relevant monitoring tools; generate analytics reports and effectively tweak social strategy and content based on analytics
- Set and deliver on tangible KPI's from social (ie. Referrals, ROI, fan growth, engagement, lead generation, SEO)
- Aid in the creation of content for all social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.; conceptualize and execute programs to encourage engagement with the various platforms Identify relevant blogs and work with internal teams to engage in social conversations to provide reach for key launches, promotions and viral marketing efforts
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights and emerging social media / marketing / e-commerce technologies
- Own and develop the social content calendar and work with key stakeholders and partners to plan, curate and create fresh and fun content to sustain community growth, and high fan engagement
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with bloggers, super-fans, industry/sector experts and influencers
- Develop best practices based on results, industry trends, and competitive audit
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in managing social media and editorial for high growth companies or digital agencies
- Demonstration of active immersion in the social space with large following (i.e. blog, instagram, pinterest, etc.)
- Proven track record of executing social media strategies at a high level and leveraging data driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction, best practices and process improvements
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to new and changing social media platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO and how it is affected by social
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of and passion for design and trends in social media and new technologies
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, mood boards, video, etc.)
- Must demonstrate clear thinking and poise in working with sensitive media issues, senior organizational leaders and others to respond in stressful situations with effective internal and external communications
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 5 years