The New Florida Majority is an independent organization working to increase the voting and political power of marginalized and excluded constituencies toward an inclusive, equitable, and just Florida.
The Research Assistant is responsible for researching and monitoring resources that provide critical information on NewFM issues. The Research Assist will be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the schedule and workflow of the North Florida office. He/she serves as the liaison between the Senior Program Director, staff and the public. The ideal candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other constituents. The Research Assistant reports to the Senior Program Director of Policy, Advocacy & Research.
- Conduct literature reviews and background research on a variety of social and economic issues
- Identify and organize relevant polling and public opinion data for questionnaire development and reports
- Manages the Senior Program Director’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Facilitates ED’s communications internally and externally. Draft correspondence and prepare reports regarding activities for Executive Director.
- Develops, organizes and conducts specialized research; prepares reports by collecting and analyzing relevant information.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; adjusting plans.
- Assists Senior Program Director in maintaining workflow to meet deadlines.
- Accurately prepare expenses reports and other organizational reports/forms.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas.
- Coordinates meetings and supervision with Leadership team members.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented, with a high level of training and expertise in office procedures, clerical duties and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must share a commitment to the organization's mission and have at least three (3) years of experience in a supporting role of Senior Management and/or administrative position with significant responsibility.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook Calendar, Excel and Microsoft Word; other miscellaneous data bases as required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prepare effective correspondence and reports.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage workflow of multiple critical issues.
- Ability to interact with and understanding of persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Position will require the ability to occasionally travel statewide and work evenings/weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation, seniority raises and sabbatical for full-time employees.
Job Type: Part-time