Are you ready to begin your new career in engineering? If so, you could be our next Product Engineer with Welbilt - Delfield Mt. Pleasant*.
As a Product Engineer I you will be responsible for researching, planning, designing, and developing mechanical and electromechanical custom food service products and systems; as well as the timely, cost effective organization and development of product designs, component and material requirements, bills of materials, and assembly instructions for some of the World’s leading commercial food service equipment.
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineering Manager, this position is based in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Designs and develops systems, components, assemblies and specifications as required for specific products.
• Evaluate present product and make continuous improvements including cost and warranty reductions. Respond to, identify and recommend solutions to manufacturing and quality issues
• Respond to service, sale and marketing special requests and application issues
• Participates on cross functional project teams, interfacing directly with Sales, Accounting, Service, Marketing, Manufacturing and Materials representatives.
• Specifies, supervises or performs testing as required to support engineering initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or degree completed by June, 2018 required.
• Experience in 3-D Solid modeling design software; Pro-E preferred
• Experience in using QAD ERP software a plus.
• Experience in use of Microsoft Office programs
• Normal office environment with frequent exposure to Manufacturing shop floor personal
*Welbilt – Mt. Pleasant, Michigan manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield®, Merco®, and Multiplex®. Products include frozen beverage dispensing equipment, hot-holding units, prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, and custom refrigeration. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt.
Primary Location: United States-MI-Mt Pleasant
Organization: The Delfield Company LLC
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time