The Analyst, Item Data Management (IDM) is a member of an enterprise item data management team focused on driving improvements to product information used both in-store and on Lowes.com. The Analyst role will include, but is not limited to, one or more of the following activities: requirements gathering; conducting relevant analyses; establishing, tracking and reporting on key performance metrics; managing hierarchy and taxonomy; providing input to digital and content standards; producing digital assets; maintaining digital assets; providing supplier services and support; establishing and/or maintaining tools to facilitate success within their assigned area. The Analyst will be a member of a team of peers and Sr. Analysts. S/he may be assigned to any area within Online Enterprise Item Data Management including but not limited to: Item Data Management Governance; Item Data Quality; Taxonomy; Supplier Support; Item Data Maintenance; Online Content Development; Studio Production.
- Works on multiple enterprise-item related projects and ensures that all assigned project deliverables are completed on time and within budget. Works closely with his/her Manager for guidance and prioritization.
- Contributes to practical, realistic project plans and is responsible for execution and quality of assigned tasks.
- Adheres to Item Business Rules and Standards.
- Completes activities relevant to their assigned area of responsibilities.
- Contributes to continuous process improvement using automation tools and other process improvement techniques.
- Provides analysis, metrics, measurement, evaluation and reporting as needed in support of projects.
- Participates fully as a member of a larger team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, marketing, finance, computer science or related field or relvant buiness experience
- Proficient in MSOffice suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MSProject)
- Knowledge of business process evaluation methods and procedure development
- Knowledge of tools, processes, methodologies and standards for requirements gathering, documentation and analysis
- Planning and project management skills
- Ability to embrace change and adjust quickly to altering work demands
- Effective communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Builds and maintains positive relationships and provides exceptional customer service
- Ability to think beyond assigned responsibilities and work in fast paced environment
- Knowledge of overall Lowe’s business model and how enterprise item data fits into the organization
- Knowledge of taxonomy, controlled vocabulary, and product data
- Knowledge of Master Data Management and best practices
- Knowledge of operational business systems (e.g., Sterling, Siebel, Synaptica, etc.)
- Ability to define the measurements and appropriate tolerances for a specific data set utilized in a specific manner and measure compliance toward specific goals
- Data management, governance, or administration
- Experience with Online/Retail Merchandising or Vendor Management or Supplier Relationship Management or
- Retail/ merchandising experience
- Experience managing retail/merchandising process improvement activities
- Experience with large-scale data analysis and demonstrated ability to extract key insights from data to solve business problems
- Experience with machine learning techniques and artificial intelligence concepts
- PMP certification
- Master's Degree-MBA or related field
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.