Responsible to: Medical Office Manager, Directors, Camp Physician
1. To assist in the operation of Camp Robindel consistent with the camp philosophy, goals and objectives.
2. To assist other health personnel in the supervision of all aspects of the Camp Robindel medical services.
1. Assist health personnel in assuming responsibility for the total health of the camp.
2. Assist in the organization and setting-up of the CR Health Center.
3. Assist in the inventory of necessary medical supplies and equipment.
4. Assist in developing and stocking First Aid Kits for camp including:
Out of camp trips, camp vehicles, kitchen, offices, activity areas, waterfront, and other important areas of camp.
5. Assist in maintaining accurate and detailed medical records including:
8. Check all health forms of campers and staff and inform administrative staff of any specific health problems.
9. Assist in the health screening of all campers and staff who are arriving and departing from camp including:
10. Assist in a general health screening of all campers and staff during the summer and observation of general camper and staff health.
11. Assist in the organization and administration of regular daily clinic hours, utilizing the current standing orders for issuing treatment and medications.
12. Review and assist in the modification of standing orders with the other nurses and Camp Physician and Head RN
13. Assist in the collection, storage and administration of medication to campers following the policies of CR and other regulatory agencies.
14. To assist in the evaluation of the CR health services.
15. To perform any tasks beyond those assigned, as help is needed.
1. Licensed as a Registered Nurse*
2. Desire to work with children and young adults
3. Ability to originate, update, and/or monitor health care, maintain records, and implement the
health care plan and standing orders
4. Current CPR and First Aid certifications
5. Desire to work and live in a camp community
6. Ability to relate to one’s peer group
7. Ability to accept supervision and guidance
8. Good character, integrity, and adaptability
9. Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self control
10. Ability to meet the public
*CR will pay for temporary NH license
1. Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and development levels), and provide necessary instruction to campers.
2. Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
3. Ability to drive to physician or emergency treatment locations
4. Ability to lift or assist campers or staff
5. Ability to read prescriptions and heath exams for the nurse practitioner or camp consulting
6. Physical ability to get to remote locations on camp property quickly
7. Ability to use the telephone
8. Ability to observe and assess unsanitary or unhealthy conditions of camp
9. Ability to keep neat and orderly records
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $4,500.00 to $5,500.00 /month
Minimum Nursing Degree required: