Do you have a passion for automotive and helping others? Join us to become a roadside hero!
Location: Portland metro area—locations in SE Portland off I-205 and in Tualatin.
Hours: Various shifts available. Set, predictable schedule!
Pay: Starting at $24.00, plus up to an additional $3.75 per hour for shift and bilingual differentials along with quarterly safety and other incentives.
Full Benefits: Generous employee and family health and dental insurance (75% employer paid!), up to 9% 401(k) employer contribution, life/disability insurance, free AAA membership, professional advancement and more.
As a Roadside Service Technician (Tow Truck Driver) for AAA Oregon/Idaho, you’ll be operating a AAA-owned service truck (either flat-bed or wheel lift truck) within the Portland metro area, responding to roadside assistance requests from AAA members.
Your job is to provide outstanding service while working with members to safely and quickly find the best solution to their issue. Our focus is to keep them ‘On the Go’ by providing options such as tire changes, fuel delivery and minor mechanical repairs. When a ‘Go’ isn’t achievable, we provide a tow to the member’s chosen place of repair.
AAA is a not-for-profit, service-based organization. AAA is famous for our roadside assistance and is the number one reason why members join and continue to renew. Your job as a roadside hero is critical to our success. Your sense of urgency, expert training, and desire to help others builds amazing relationships with our members on a daily basis.
This position is roadside throughout designated areas in the Portland Metro region, based out of either of our SE Portland or Tualatin Fleet locations.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ years of driving and customer service experience preferred – We Train!
- Valid drivers’ license required with an excellent driving record. Position does not require a CDL
- Successful completion of a criminal background screening, DMV background screening, employment verification, and pre-employment drug screen (including cannabis) required.
- Tow Technicians must be 21 years or older and are required to obtain a DOT Medical card certification after starting employment (AAA Oregon/Idaho will coordinate during onboarding).
- Able to balance, bend, kneel, and lift up to 75 pounds.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and desire to help others
- Ability to problem solve and stay positive and calm under pressure
See our attached job description for more details on the role.
COVID-19 Related Notice: Physical attendance on the job site is an essential duty of this role. In support of our Community value, AAA Oregon/Idaho has taken strict precautions to ensure the safety of team members at all times. We follow all local, state, and federal requirements and health department recommendations requiring face coverings, distancing, quarantine/isolation, and any and all State or Federally mandated vaccination or testing requirements. Additional Safety guidelines are available upon request and site-specific information is available by location.
Up to $250 in COVID-19 vaccine incentives! $125 after hire if verified, fully vaccinated for COVID-19 plus an additional $125 after booster.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $27.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
AAA Oregon/Idaho has taken strict precautions to ensure the safety of team members onsite including required face-coverings, physical distancing, limiting staff onsite, and additional cleaning and hygiene protocols.
Work Location: On the road