Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Norcross, GA
Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, support documentation, managerial reports, and ad-hoc reporting requested by management. Direct and manage a team of Financial Analyst and Assistants. Create, generate, and analyze financial statements, reports, supporting documentation, forecasts, and special projects in a timely and accurate manner for other internal and external reporting purposes. Apply critical/logical thinking and analytical skills to assignments and duties. Utilize Excel, PeopleSoft, and other software applications/packages to create, maintain, and deliver reports. Gather, interpret, and understand data from multiple financial and non-financial sources for purposes of analyzing and reporting trends, variances, "what-if" / scenario analysis, and creating forecasts. Effectively present reports, analysis, and, at times, recommendations or potential solutions to partners, management, and external customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Able to interpret financial statements and perform standard financial statement analysis and statistical calculations
2. Possesses up-to-date working knowledge of GAAP, principles of accounting, and able to conduct research and interpret new rules and regulations
3. Performs financial analysis and reporting for external and internal clients
4. Creates and generates accurate and timely financial statements and other supporting documents
5. Reconciles reports, account balances, and financial data to supporting documents
6. Performs variance and margin analysis; creates trend reports and analysis
7. Performs "what-if" analysis based on multiple scenarios and correlation of multiple components
8. Able to extrapolate and create forecasts / pro-forma of financial performance
9. Prepares/formulates policies and procedures and prepares corresponding training material
10. Able to interact, communicate effectively, and be productive when working with other disciplines within the organization (i.e. Operations, Clinical, Accounting) and third parties (i.e. auditors, contractors)
11. Understands the operations of the business terms, processes, and the effects on finance
12. Understands the flow of financial data from operations, to subsystems, to PeopleSoft GL and reports
13. Conducts research, formulates responses, and effectively presents/communicates (verbal/nonverbal) information and/or alternatives and recommendations
14. Employs basic analytical skills visualizes, articulates, and solves complex problems and concepts.
15. Utilizes creative thinking and problem solving skills to identify opportunities for improvement in current business and reporting processes; proposes solutions
16. Utilizes applications appropriately for all projects; Proficient in Excel (macros, functions/formulas)
17. Utilizes electronic form of data distribution; supports paperless environment; streamlines reporting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors Degree with major in Accounting, Finance, or related field
MBA and CPA preferred
Five years in public accounting or corporate accounting
3+ years Financial Reporting experience
Demonstrated effective communication skills and experience presenting to Executive Leadership
Advanced Excel required
PeopleSoft Experience required
At PruittHealth, Committed to Caring isn't simply a tagline, it's the way we do business and it's ingrained in our culture. At PruittHealth, we don't hire employees we welcome partners!
Since its inception in 1969, PruittHealth has been a family-owned innovative organization committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services including: skilled nursing care, assisted & independent living, home health care, end-of-life hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy/infusion services and more.
Today, the organization is the 14th largest skilled nursing provider in the United States, spans across the Southeast, touches 170 communities, cares for 24,000 patients daily, and is driven by 16,000 passionate partners.
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.