The Energy Technician will assist the Colleges Energy Management department with all duties. He/she will be responsible for the following: organizing data collection of individual building energy usage, and total campus energy consumption. Monitoring and reporting energy performance per building and per campus. Assisting with measurement and verification of department energy conservation measures and propose actions to make existing building more energy efficient. Managing energy, solar, EV, and utility dashboards. Reporting of dashboard data. Utility incentive/rebate management. Natural gas monthly nominations.
Producing reports, highlight findings, and draw conclusions on data logging projects. Conducting measurement and verification for the colleges previously implemented energy efficiency measures. Conducting or assisting with college energy audits. Assisting with EV charging station management. Developing campus diagrams for energy systems, utility meters, and utility rate schedules. All other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be adaptable, flexible, and have the ability to multitask. Computer and software skills including MSOffice and Portfolio manager. A working knowledge or commercial mechanical and lighting systems.
- Utility meter reading and energy disaggregation.
- Collecting, converting, and aggregating different energy consumption measures and metrics.
- Writing basic reports and relying the information.
- Analyzing building energy consumption data to prioritize energy conservation measure (ECM’s).
- Producing basic energy savings calculations and return on investments reports for
- Creating energy/demand profiles for each building and campus.
- Calculating utility costs per square foot.
- Performing energy audits on buildings including lighting, HVAC, other.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with energy related building sub systems including: HVAC, central plants, envelope, lighting, and electrical.
- Construction Management and job site experience.
- Experienced in the design, operation, and maintenance of renewable energy system.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years project management experience with energy conservation projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic operation of energy related building sub systems including: HVAC both conventional and alternative systems, central plants, building envelope lighting, and electrical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be adaptable, flexible and have the ability to multitask.
- Computer and software skills including MS office, Energy Star Portfolio Manager.
- Knowledge of renewable energy generation systems.
- Knowledge of building energy codes and standards.
- Technical writing.
- Utility rebate programs and rate schedules.
- Energy metrics.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC controls and methods.
- Ability to perform lighting audits and suggest improvement utilizing state of art lighting technologies and controls.
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement to HVAC system operation and control methods.
- Knowledge of building envelope construction and improvement suggestions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. *Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties Special Instructions
- Please indicate on your resume if your experience is full time or part time.
FLSA SLCC Information
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.