Great Lakes Chemical Corporation, (A Company of the Lanxess Group), is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and talented individual for the position of Supervisor at our West Plant in El Dorado, Arkansas.
At LANXESS, we are an "Energizing Chemistry". This phrase perfectly embodies our philosophy and operating principles as well as our view of the entire chemical industry. To us, energizing chemistry can be described very simply:
- Be quick, agile and resilient
- Focus on the essentials
- Continuously improve performance and products to help customers, the environment, employees and society as a whole.
LANXESS, as a part of the greater chemical industry, has the performance capabilities and innovative strength to meet these commitments. We believe that by following these principles and energizing chemistry, we can improve the quality of life of people across the world. Further, we see that our innovations and products are making important contributions to society.
It is our corporate responsibility to create lasting value for all shareholders and to consciously address the impact of our actions. The only way to guarantee the future success and sustainability of our company is to balance our strategy with the demands od he economy, ecology and society. At LANXESS, we take a long-term view and use our knowledge, ability, and experience to develop product and technologies that will protect the climate and environment and improve people's quality of life.
We are responsible employers and support social and cultural projects all over the world. Corporate responsibility is integral to every aspect of our enterprise. With our global headquarters in Cologne, Germany, LANXESS is comprised of 19.000 employees and 75 production sites in 19 countries with manufacturing, sales, and customer service capabilities in all region of the world.
LANXESS offers competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. These are just some of the many ways we recognize our employees for the large difference they make to the LANXESS' success. At LANXESS, our employees are our greatest resource. We invite you to explore the employment opportunities at our company today and invest in a terrific company for your career.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Manages all related personnel actions, including final selection, training, performance appraisal, discipline, and safety procedures in environments
- Investigates and responds to all safety, environmental, and other incidents involving production employees and ensures adherence to all rules, policies, practices and procedures
- Responsible for ordering/scheduling raw materials and interacting with suppliers and purchasing to secure alternative supplies when normal sources are interrupted
- Recommends improvements in facilities, equipment and manpower utilization to improve product quality and productivity while lowering operational and maintenance costs
- Conducts routine administrative work e.g., input SAP process orders, develop employee work and vacation schedules, timecard approvals, training schedules, employee recognition, monitoring attendance, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling PM requirements, outages, turnaround and equipment overhaul so as not to negatively impact production. Includes the initiation of work orders, setting of priorities and planning and executing turnaround items
- Works with engineering department to develop and complete projects within the assigned units which includes participation on various teams working on product quality, productivity or improvements as needed
- Responsible for EHSS activities in their area of supervision, and as assigned and prioritized by their manager
- Manages the daily operations for production across multiple units or more complex operations
- Responsible for consistent attainment of production schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels
- Analyzes, modifies and upgrades existing processes and procedures
- Assesses safety and potential environmental impact of operating units and continually improve safety, efficiency and output of the units
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance programs
- Recommends improvements in production flow or methods
- Coordinates and integrates with other sites to ensure support in attaining output, productivity and quality
- Identifies and investigates issues that present unusual conditions
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tests, products, and equipment
- Coordinates implementation of new or revised engineering solutions
Process Improvement/Excellence duties:
- Executes and leads performance improvement activities which employ various process/commercial excellence methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, BPI, KAM, etc.)
- Facilitates the implementation of applicable BEST/CLASS criteria
- Develops key performance indicators (KPIs) and management dashboards based on strategic objectives and performance improvement goals
Project Management duties:
- Effectively manages small to mid-sized projects to ensure project completion on-time, on-budget, and on-quality; resolves issues and conflicts; coordinates project work with other areas; regularly reports project status
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- B.S. in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) is required
- Certification in at least one process improvement methodology (such as Six Sigma Green Belt, or Lean) or a P.E. certification is preferred
- Minimum 5 years increasing responsibility
- 5 to 10 years of engineering experience is required, preferably in a manufacturing facility
- Work typically involves frequent collaboration with employees in other functions and/or external contacts
- Responsible for supervising multiple/more complex units (at least three distinct units)
- Demonstrated mastery of engineering area
- Ability to independently research, evaluate, and and/or test engineering techniques
- Ability to evaluate and advise on project viability
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills especially e.g. Microsoft Office, SAP etc.
- Strong familiarity with OSHA, ISO, MOC, LEAN, 6 Sigma
- Thorough knowledge of regulations concerning material standards, safety and control
- Plans & Aligns
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Results
- Optimizes Work processes
- Manages Complexity
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Builds Effective Teams
- Drives Engagement
Job Type: Full-time