The DevOps Engineer II at Harbor Freight Tools will be a technical point of contact for one or more development teams helping to plan, debug, and implement a modern, highly available IT infrastructure. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for automating the existing applications and providing a roadmap for development teams to integrate CI/CD tooling into their existing workflows. You will be a leader in helping development and operations teams learn and adopt DevOps culture in order to better standardize and automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployments.
As an Information Technology professional it may be required to perform duties that include elevated privileges. As a trusted custodian to the Company's sensitive information and/or systems this role will be expected to maintain professional conduct and protect the confidentiality of any information to which he/she may have access. This role is expected to commit to the highest standards of moral and business ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements: Education and/or Experience:
- RHCSE or equivalent experience preferred. (Advanced Linux Systems Administration experience)
- In depth knowledge of configuration management tools (ex. Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with testing frameworks
- In depth knowledge of CI/CD methodology and workflows.
- Proven experience with automation toolsets such as Jenkins or Teamcity
- Scripting experience (Bash,Python,Ruby)
- Experience with Splunk, ELK, Grafana, and similar technology.
- Knowledge of HAProxy, F5, and Netapp
- Knowledge of automated Java build systems (Ant,Maven)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Magento a plus.
- Experience with Source Control Systems (CVS, SVN, GIT)
Bachelor’s degree with a major course of study in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Have a proven ability to successfully work with other team members across departments and levels of authority while maintaining a positive constructive attitude.
Minimum 5+ years in a DevOps role.
Proven innovative thinker with ability to work flexible hours.
Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
Learns quickly and can function with minimal supervision.
Strong initiative, commitment, and a positive whatever it takes attitude.