ActX, Inc. is seeking a full-time System Admin / DevOps specialist with excellent Linux skills, programming & scripting talent, and the drive & ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Full time position offers a competitive compensation package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401(k), pre-tax commuter plan, and stock options.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field, or comparable educational experience
- Significant Linux experience
- 2 years experience as a System Administrator, which includes maintaining and troubleshooting systems and networks, and managing a 24x7 web service infrastructure
- Automation experience in scripting languages (Bash / Python / Ruby )
- Demonstrated experience with configuration platforms, preferably Chef
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to "own" an issue and follow it through to resolution
- Positive attitude that fosters productivity in a team setting
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Availability to work extended hours and on-call support, as needed to maintain a 24x7 environment
- Lives in the greater Seattle area
- Experience with Amazon AWS or other cloud systems
- Experience with Development tools such as Git
ActX is a leader in the cutting-edge field of genetics technology, building highly scalable, reliable systems running in a secure cloud. If you're looking for a great opportunity with an industry leader, email your cover letter & resume today!
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 5 years (Required)