IT Solutions Delivery Lead Product Management
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
The IT Solutions Delivery Lead is instrumental in ensuring that we are developing and delivering well architected solutions that enhance the customer and business experience. This position is based at our Tempe, Arizona location.
Skills / Requirements:
- Drive full cycle, end-to-end development from design through implementation
- Partner with application architects as well as other application teams to design and implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems
- Hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers in the technical stack
- Work with business team members, product owners, and other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans in an agile environment
- Oversee product strategy and the steps that will get the product through each release/version
- Develop and manage product roadmaps, enhancements, releases, prepare comprehensive documentation, and ensure timely completion of work
- Mentor and coach team members
- Promote secure, scalable, and reusable coding standards and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields related to Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology including a minimum of 5 years of hands-on software design and development experience in enterprise environments, web applications and services using JAVA/JAVA EE, Spring, and other related technologies
- Experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST
- Knowledge of network protocols including sFTP, FTPS, SMTP, HTTP/S, and AS2
- Previous experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping
- Understanding of core integration software including GXS, Web Methods, Cisco Web Services and MQueue
- Knowledge of relational database design, management techniques, and hands-on experience with automated integration tools
- Strong project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Outstanding oral & written communication skills as well as strong documentation skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Must be self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- EDI, EDIFACT, RosettaNet, and VAN knowledge a plus
The Logistics Company for the World
Excellence. Simply Delivered.
We connect people, improving their lives.
Respect & Results
Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Facts and Figures
Division V2, Global Forwarding, Freight Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Business Unit DHL Global Forwarding US Contract Type
Location Tempe, AZ Working Hours 40
Job Type IT Shift Requirement Day time only
Career Level Professionals Relocation Offered None
Responsible for Travel Required
Reports to Solutions Delivery Manager, US & Americas Travel Extent
Hire Date 10/8/2018 Work Permit Required No