We are HIRING! We are in search of a Senior Commercial Heating & Air Conditioning Service Technician to join our team! You will repair and replace HVAC systems.
Founded in 1948, Mechanical Contractors (MCI) specializes as a comprehensive building design and solutions provider across North and South Carolina. MCI has offices in Charlotte and Raleigh, NC. Our Charlotte office is looking for a skilled tech to add to our team to support the widescale growth we continue to see across the department. Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for this position today!
Primary Job Functions:
- Perform repair calls on commercial / industrial HVAC equipment.
- Represent the company by serving as direct customer contact.
- Identify, analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot systems at the customer's location.
- Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, and replacement modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Complete work orders and review with customers for accuracy.
- Troubleshoot HVAC equipment to determine the cause of failure.
- Determine the time and material required to make the repair, obtain an estimate of the cost to complete the repair and obtain the customer's authorization to complete the repairs. Assist in estimating costs and preparing quotes for customers as needed.
- Complete repairs to MCI standard of quality.
- Perform start-up of new commercial / industrial HVAC equipment.
- Obtain scope of work
- Acquire literature and knowledge of units
- Perform equipment start-up following manufacturers' procedures and complete start-up logs
- Identify any deficiencies, obtain warranty authorization if required, and complete repair
- Perform scheduled maintenance on commercial / industrial HVAC equipment.
- Obtain scope of work
- Source scheduled maintenance materials.
- Plan execution to obtain maximum efficiencies.
- Complete scheduled maintenance.
- Complete documentation detailing the maintenance performed, review with customer and obtain their approval.
- Perform new equipment installation.
- Obtain scope of work and review with sales staff.
- Source installation materials.
- Plan execution to obtain maximum efficiencies and coordinate with sub-trades.
- Complete installation to meet the estimate.
- Perform equipment start-up following manufacturers' procedures and complete start-up logs.
- Identify any deficiencies, obtain warranty authorization if required, and complete repairs.
- Review work completed with the customer and provide training on equipment.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests, including after-hours service, overtime, and on-call work.
- Complete work orders, warranty claims, and other administrative tasks.
- Provide customer service and maintain good customer relations.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of related experience.
Strong technical knowledge and skills, particularly related to HVAC systems & equipment.
Strong troubleshooting skills.
Strong knowledge of electricity and controls
Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics
MCI Career Benefits
Because we ask for your best, we also look to provide the best back to you. Our comprehensive benefits include options for the “now” and the “later.”
MCI healthcare options include:
- Comprehensive Medical
Work/life benefits include:
- A generous PTO plan based on years of service
Short- and Long-Term disability
Individual and partner life insurance
Plan for your future with:
- Our 401k program (with an absurd company match if we do say so ourselves)
The unique opportunity to be a part of our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Employee ownership means that you don't just work at MCI, you own a piece of MCI. You contribute your ideas, effort, and teamwork to increase the company's performance and profitability, which then goes back to you as a shareholder. ESOP participants have 2.2 times as much in retirement plans and 20% more financial assets overall compared to non-ESOP companies. We can't make you rich overnight, but if you make a commitment to MCI, our ESOP ensures that our success is your success.