The social studies teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good relations among community and school clientele. JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The Cherry Creek School District complies with the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Department of Education in terms of hiring candidates who are CURRENTLY LICENSED OR ENDORSED IN THE APPROPRIATE CONTENT AREA(S)
1. Hold a valid Colorado teaching license with a social studies endorsement.
2. Proficiency in using technology.
Social Studies DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to secondary learners.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the scope and sequence of a social studies curriculum.
3. Ability to align curriculum and assessments with state social studies content standards.
4. Strong classroom management, communication, organization and planning skills.
5. Positively impact achievement and differentiate instruction based on the needs of the students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement.
6. Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
7. Willing to support and actively participate in a professional learning community.
8. Participate collaboratively in teaching teams to design curriculum and assessments and pursue best teaching practice.
9. Utilize PowerSchool at the middle school level for online attendance, online grade book, online posting of assignments and parental access to attendance and grades.