Union Real Estate Maintenance Technicians work to keep multifamily properties in a first-class condition. Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the day-to-day custodial and maintenance operations of a property. Maintenance Technicians focus on keeping tenants satisfied, maintaining the property’s operations and appearance, and inspecting and reporting on the property’s condition.
Maintenance Technicians work directly with a Property Manager to provide high-quality management of a property’s buildings and grounds. This role is ideal for a self-starter that is comfortable working independently. This role also requires excellent customer service skills as you will often interact with the property’s tenants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance Requests. Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner.
- Turnover Units. Oversee move-ins and move-outs and “make ready” apartments for new tenants.
- Preventative Maintenance. Complete or oversee preventative maintenance work.
- Maintain Grounds. Perform light landscaping work and keep public areas free of snow and ice in the winter.
- Custodial. Complete or oversee custodial work.
Complete other projects as assigned and prioritized by the Property Manager.
Qualified applicants will have basic to intermediate knowledge of painting, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry. For instance, an apartment “make ready” may include patching and painting a wall, installing a new fluidmaster, replacing locks, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, installing a new light switch, and regrouting a shower wall.
This job requires a dependable car and a valid Driver’s License.
Work Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Available for evening and weekend emergency maintenance issues when scheduled. Overtime is provided as needed and for emergencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
We have instituted a number of COVID precautions in line with OSHA's recommendations. Proof of COVID vaccination required for employment.
- Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location