Media Planning / Digital Investment Summer Internship
So what is this “Mindshare” and what makes us awesome?
Mindshare is a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$34.5 billion (source: RECMA). The network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries spread throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Each office is dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands based on the values of speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
How you can add to our awesomeness:
The Media Planning Summer Internship Program will run 10 weeks, from June 4th – August 10th, 2018. Qualified candidates will be assigned to work on teams with a focus on Media Strategy. Interns will be assigned to a discipline that matches their area of interest and may also have the opportunity to work with teams to support specific clients. Each intern will be challenged to expand his/her knowledge in preparation for entry-level opportunities with Mindshare.
What you will be doing:
Work with the Senior Associates, Managers and implementation groups (Social, Ad Operations/Traffic, Analytics and Billing) to assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of paid media campaigns
o Sample publishers include:
- Compile research from Comscore, eMarketer, etc. and compile into plan outline and ranker documents to support the development of media objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Assist Sr. Associates and Manager with writing and sending request for proposal documents to publishers
- Use Prisma buying system to compile and send detailed publisher insertion orders, trafficking information and billing reconciliation information on a line item by line item basis
YouTube, ESPN, Pandora, CNN, Fandango, etc.
What you have already done:
- Save creative assets and publisher plan proposals to the Mindshare server in a quick and organized fashion so other team members can review easily. Distribute creative assets as needed to publisher partners, along with detailed creative messaging schedules
- Maintain and communicate up-to-date records of the implementation of the plan, particularly as it relates to digital ad trafficking, associated ad serving costs, creative asset distribution and project management and implementation across multiple campaigns (up to 6x at a time) and multiple publishers (potentially 15+ on each campaign)
- Compile trafficking sheets for Ad Operations/Traffic team (these detail what placements are on the media plan and assign creative and destination URLs for each placement)
- Provide research and analysis to assist with various issues that arise in the execution of the digital tactical plan
- Sweep live placements for creative accuracy and compile screenshots to send to client on a regular basis while media plan is in-flight
- Provide reports and recommendation for any planned media that did not deliver in full during allotted flight
- Collaborate with Sr. Associates and Manager to work on weekly media analysis to deliver to client for each campaign
- Help compile and review keyword lists for keyword targeting partners (i.e. YouTube)
- Meet with media sales representatives to obtain information about their products
- Review industry trades for new sites, innovative and creative ad units and technologies, as well as competitive information
- At this point in your career, you are an undergraduate student graduating from or entering your Senior year at an accredited college/university.
- You are computer savvy, and are proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Your organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities are exceptional
- No one is more detail oriented than you and you have excellent problem solving skills
- Last but not least, you present with confidence, communicate well, and truly like working with other people
So how do you go about joining us?
Please submit your cover letter and resume (and you must include your overall GPA on the resume).