The Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading the day-to-day HR functions and performs a variety of responsibilities, including administration of policies, benefits, records management, new hire process, orientations, worker compensation, company functions and activities, assists with FMLA/ADA and able to assist in leading recruitment efforts. Must be comfortable with employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with local/state/federal employment laws
- Handles new hire process, orientation, etc.
- Responsible for the administration of benefit plans
- Provides employees with information about policies, company requirements, opportunities for promotion, etc.
- Supports Human Resources in planning, implementing, communicating and administering human resources programs, policies and practices
- Handles disputes, terminations and assists in disciplinary procedures
- Follows up on Workers Compensation reporting
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports
- Responsible for coordinating company functions and activities
- Performs other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources or a combination of 6 years of formal training in HR and leadership experience
- Knowledge about local, state and federal legislation and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Self-motivated and a problem solver
- Strong computer and organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information