Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has an immediate need for aSystems Engineer to support our mission critical work for our government customers. The ideal candidate will possess experience in multiple areas of Information Technology (IT) such as infrastructure, services, and/or DevOps tools and have experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions. The candidate will join the Research and Integration Division (RaID) of Intelligent Waves (IW) and support DoD& Federal Government customers on long-term projects.
There are three (3) Systems Engineer positions based inReston, VA; Richardson, TX; and Aurora, CO. Minimal travel is expected and will be reimbursed based on GSA Per Diem rates and DoD Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
This Systems Engineering position must be a United States Citizen andhold a current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility and be willing to take and able to pass a Counter-Intelligence (CI) polygraph.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver end-to-end systems engineering services to customers - requirements gathering, design, development, test and documentation of solutions.
- Develop project plans and schedules, identify technical risks, and support the customer in mitigating risks to the mission.
- Make recommendations on software, hardware, cabling, and equipment for existing and/or new customer sites based on industry best practices and regulatory guidance.
- Successfully execute projects, on-budget and schedule, and document/report project outcome.
- Install, Configure, Operate/Maintain, and Optimize Security Incident Event Monitoring (SIEM) tools such as Tripwire.
- Participate in the Software Development Lifecycle in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
- Guide and support the customer with onboarding, troubleshoot and resolve Tripwire implementation issues by working with network and system administrators, and vendor support.
- Optimize Tripwire Enterprise to capture data and events, filter out unneeded items, and configure the Tripwire application itself to run efficiently.
- Perform Tripwire and agent upgrades while adhering to change management guidelines.
- Integrate and Interface with Data Center technologies in one (or more) of the following domains:
- Networking – Dell, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Nexus Datacenter Switches
- Servers – Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, Nutanix
- Operating Systems – Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 - 2019, Microsoft Windows 10
- Virtualization – VMware (vSphere, vCenter), Citrix (Virtual Apps and Desktops)
- Integrate and Interface with Enterprise Services in one (or more) of the following domains:
- Authentication - Active Directory, LDAP, Domain Controllers, PKI
- Auditing and Compliance – Tripwire Enterprise, Tripwire Log Center, ArcSight, Syslog, LogInsight
- Patch Management - WSUS, YUM
- Health& Status - Zenoss, SolarWinds, ElasticSearch
- Integrate and Interface with DevOps and Automation Tools in one (or more) of the following domains:
- Repositories – GitHub, Nexus, BitBucket
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, CircleCI
- Testing – Selenium, Junit
- Configuration – Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
- Containerization – Docker, Kubernetes
- Ops – Splunk, Logstash
- Develop and update System Documentation.
- Deliver formalized and over-the-shoulder training on technology solutions to customer staff.
- ABachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Ability to physically install and interconnect IT equipment in a customer datacenter
- Must have minimum5 years’ experience with the design/architecture, installation, and/or operations of technologies listed above
- DoD 8570 Certification (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CISSP, …)
- Experience with SIEM tools (preferable Tripwire, IW will provide training)
- Experience working in a tightly integrated Agile/DevOps team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Ability to communicate with senior military leaders and civilian government officials
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and mission focus
- Ability to work multiple projects and rapidly integrate and support new customers/environments
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering, operations, and intelligence solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Intelligent Waves provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, paid PTO leave, life& disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a contribution with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
A Veteran Friendly Organization