This role is responsible for increasing market share and leading capture management and marketing efforts to support the business development strategies of the Security Strategic Business Unit (SSBU) of Chenega Corporation. The Business Development Manager
supports subsidiary developmental growth principals and executives in achieving business development goals. This will be done by generating leads, capturing opportunities, developing pipelines and proposals, establishing and maintaining favorable customer relationships, and identifying competitive advantages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Leads SSBU efforts in the research, qualification, capture, risk assessment, proposal development, negotiation, and award of business opportunities. These opportunities will align with SSBU’s core objectives.
- Develops and maintains a robust opportunity pipeline through detailed analyses of agency procurement forecasts, opportunity research, and industry relationships.
- Maximizes the probability of success through the execution of a comprehensive capture plan. This plan includes risk assessment, development of win themes, validated competitive advantages, and a price-to-win analysis.
- Focuses on opportunities that may be procured through the SBA 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business program. This focus will be on Government market research efforts, shaping opportunities that align with SSBU pursuit strategies, and marketing the benefits of procuring through the SBA 8(a) program – including direct awards.
- Develops and maintains favorable industry and customer relationships. This includes representing Chenega at procurement-specific, agency, industry-related events and conferences.
- Prepares and presents pipeline presentations, opportunity gate reviews and bid decision briefings to SSBU and subsidiary executives.
- Provides technical writing support to the Proposal Manager and proposal team in the development stage. Supports submittal process of compliant material and sole-source proposals.
- Ensures proposal development and reviews are compliant with internal proposal policies, processes, and practices. Includes planning and directing proposal resources and costs.
- Maintains opportunity pipeline reporting requirements in appropriate SSBU reporting systems.
- This position is not eligible for regularly scheduled telecommuting or remote work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to supervise other Business Development Team personnel and/or independently lead teams and ad-hoc proposal groups including consultants.
: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Diversity and Ethics:
Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Educates others on the value of diversity.
Upholds organizational values.
Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Builds a diverse workforce.
Treats others with respect.
Inspires the trust of others.
Works with integrity and follows a core set of ethics.
- Bachelor's degree in industry-relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting business development activities and providing subject matter expertise in support of proposal efforts.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the professional security services industry promoting or performing on federal government contracts.
- Must be a team player who can negotiate and communicate effectively through written and oral means to all levels of staff from Senior executives to Government Contracting officers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changes in work direction.
- Must have extensive knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project), SharePoint and Outlook.
- Must possess a knowledge and understanding of the Business Development Lifecycle.
- Must be resourceful and capable of utilizing research methods to improve process efficiencies.
- Must be proficient with the use of business intelligence tools and able to provide analytics to support bid/no bid decisions.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of the government’s procurement processes and general understanding of securing proposals utilizing this process. This includes marketing to the government buyer and leveraging the benefits of the Small Business Administration - Small Business Development program.
- Must present briefings to the executive team in a clear and concise manner while supporting the business case.
- Must be able to travel to customer or partner locations in support of Business Development-related efforts.
- Described below are duties expected of the employee and will allow for success if followed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or listen. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands when necessary. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include detailing and/or analyzing closely.
- Described below are work environment characteristics an employee should expect if hired:
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. During visits to areas of operations, the employee may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Employee might occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Recruiter Erin Johnson