Fundraising & Sponsorship Development Internship
Our internship is an Academic based education Internship Experience and NOT a Paid position at this time.
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Projects and Programs. Most of our interns come from across North America.
- We are seeking top level, organized, team oriented, talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation and implementation for this year's fund raising campaigns. This internship is NOT for the student looking to get by, be a social butterfly or to party for the semester.
- All applicants must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Past experience in sales or marketing a plus;
Potential Benefits of a Georgia Games Internship:
This is a tremendous experience! We have tons of interns from across the country last year. The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of public relations activities and programs is what they will experience. These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
- Earn academic credit
- Real life on-the-job experience with BIG time responsibilities that other internships do not provide. See description on second page for details.
- Internships include semester-long positions
- Internship program has been offered since 1990
- Students have come from the following US States: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MN, NC, ND, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV and from the countries of Canada, China, England, Germany and Hungary just to intern with the Georgia Games.
- Internships are first offered to students completing the internship for academic credit.
- Interns have turned down the United State Olympic Committee, Professional and College programs to intern with the Georgia Games.
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
Go to www.georgiagames.org under internships and complete an:
3) Cover letter including a demonstration of your personal thoroughness, aggressiveness and ability for sales and marketing;
4) Submit anything else you think is valuable.
DEADLINE : Begin reviewing applications ASAP and will continue until slots are filled.
Submit ASAP via email
The Development Coordinators are responsible for researching, coordinating and soliciting small sponsorship packages, assist with large sponsorship presentations, grants and fund raising events for all aspects of the Georgia State Games and related programs.
- Research and compile potential sponsorship targets;
- Research and compile potential grant funding prospects with foundations, corporations and government agencies;
- Coordinate the development of small sponsorship and grant funding proposals and presentations;
- Personally solicit smaller sponsorship and grant funding institutions;
- Assist the Executive Director with the coordination and presentation of large sponsorship proposals and presentations;
- Solicit small and medium sized level sponsor targets;
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of fund raising events;
- Assist with Pre-Event Marketing of future summer events with emphasis on breaking into new markets and building new relationships
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $0.01 /year