HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant will assist the Director of Human Resources in providing operational and administrative HR support to MCCA. This work includes, but is not limited to general administration, records management, HRIS, performance management and professional development support, and supporting day-to-day HR operations. This is a very active, hands-on role, requiring an excellent ability to handle confidential information and work intently with an attention to detail. The Human Resources Administrative Assistant must also be able to work effectively in a team environment and support the HR team, Center/Program Directors, and approximately 200 employees.
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant will employ relationship-building skills that facilitate the value of Human Resources in the operational processes within MCCA. The Human Resources Administrative Assistant will support the Director of Human Resources to align HR with the MCCA mission, core values, and strategies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Assist with processing and filing personnel action forms.
- Create certification letters, as requested.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of sick and safe leave letters to employees.
- Prepare memos and other documents regarding events, special projects and other areas as requested.
- Prepare materials for meetings, as needed.
Records Management and HRIS
- Maintain employee personnel records in accordance with Association HR policy and ensure confidentiality of employee information.
- Monitor and adhere to records retention schedule in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Input training courses completed by employees and credentialing information into the HRIS.
- Deliver routine reports such as training completion reports/weekly new hire and termination report and respond to ad hoc data requests in support of Human Resources operations.
- Provide employee information for analysis and decision making, statistical data, compliance, and other employee-related reports as required on a timely basis.
Performance Management & Professional Development
- Assist in administration of performance management program in accordance with regular schedule for assessment and the overall process.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing execution of the “Tuition Advancement” plan for eligible staff.
- Assist with administering other tuition related programs offered by the Association; track applications, ensure proper approvals, etc.
Company Culture and Employee Morale
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, earning trust from employees at all levels.
- Support the Director of Human Resources in actively contributing to the implementation of the organization’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Work as a business partner, change agent, and member of the Human Resources team.
Recruiting, Onboarding and other HR functions
- Verify reference information of new hires from past employers, colleagues and other provided sources.
- Respond to inquiries for employment verification and provide the appropriate letters as necessary.
- Assists with the coordination of open enrollment.
- Perform other duties and projects in these areas as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
- Possess a High School diploma; an Associate’s degree in administration is a plus.
- Minimum two years of direct office administrative experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and strong typing skills.
- Prior experience in the child care industry is a plus.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Must have ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Accurate data input skills.
- Ability to review and audit reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to demonstrate these skills in both face-to-face, telephone, and written formats.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience.
- Ability to use proper judgment and decision making.
- Self-motivated, organized and resourceful.
- Positive attitude, team oriented and willingness to assist where/when needed.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to Association changes.
- Ability to work with and relate to a diverse population.
- Ability to add value as both an individual contributor and active team member.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture.
- Montgomery Child Care Association (MCCA) strives to provide the highest quality child care and play-based education for children in Montgomery County, Maryland; professional training for child care providers; and advocacy for affordable, quality child care for families of all income levels, and for better training, pay and benefits for child care professionals.
- MCCA is the oldest non-profit child care provider in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- MCCA cares for over 1,000 children, infants through school-agers, at 15 locations countywide, and employs approximately 200 professional staff.
- MCCA's nationally recognized Training Institute educates child care providers throughout the DC metro area.
- MCCA is a local leader in child care advocacy, working for quality child care for all families, and better work standards for child care professionals.
- MCCA is a private, non-profit 501(c) (3) charity, and a United Way (#8447) and Combined Federal Campaign (#13880) agency.
- MCCA is an AA/EEO employer M/F/D/V.
WHAT MCCA HAS TO OFFER:
At MCCA, we provide high quality early care and education for children and families of all cultural backgrounds and we value a diverse workforce. We encourage and support professional development and promote from within whenever possible. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (annual, sick and holiday pay)
- Retirement plan
- Training and educational scholarships
- Child care discount
- And more…
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Support: 3 years
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years