Opportunities throughout the Bay Area!
Complete application form to be scheduled for an immediate interview
Come join our Summer 2019 Team! Our Summer Camp Counselors are the heart of our programs. We're looking for teachers or aspiring teachers who are passionate about STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math). Camp Counselors are responsible for teaching and supervision during class and break times. Help us enrich, educate, and entertain the future generations!
- Love working with kids
- Bachelor's degree or several years of college
- Demonstrated skills in classroom management
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the camp curriculum.
- Professional manner and positive attitude.
- Have the habit of responding quickly to text and email. Must have a smart phone
- Have a reliable, insured and registered car, along with a valid local driver’s license
- Must be 100% fluent in English; be able to write interesting, concise and grammatically correct notes to parents
- Must have great references
- Can pass our rigorous background check
- Summer camp experience or experience working with youth
- Teaching experience
- Availability to teach in multiple camp locations
- Create a fun environment
- Deliver the BrainVyne curriculum
- Customize the curriculum and delivery to meet the students' needs
- Foster a classroom environment that encourages interaction and collaboration among camp students and teachers
- Ensure the success of every student in the class including active engagement, academic understanding, project accomplishment, and social interaction.
- Represent BrainVyne to parents through effective daily communication. Communication topics include the highlights of the day, the child's strengths and areas of improvement
- Lead Instructors must provide leadership guidance to the Instructor team and Counselors-in-training
- Maintain adequate communication with the site director on a daily basis
- Participate in mandatory pre-camp meeting and classroom setup
- Participate in mandatory post-camp meeting
- Provide feedback on the curriculum and camp operations
- Report to camp site on time.
- Prefer commitment of 4 consecutive weeks or more.
Skills: Teacher, Counselor, Substitute Teacher, Current students, Part Time, Curriculum, Summer Camp, Summer Counselor, Spring Camp, Kids, Collaboration, Early Childhood, Education, Money Skills, Summer Job, Instructor, Instructors, Counselors, Teen Jobs
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /day
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)