GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Plans, provides and/or supervises the nursing care of patients in an efficient and caring manner. Coordinates care planning with other caregivers and with other areas, adheres to standard precautions, and is compliant with infection control policies. Works independently with minimal supervision.
1. Complete staff performance of evaluation ongoing including annual and 30-60-90 days.
2. Provides leadership while working collaboratively with other care givers on the unit and within the health system.
3. Monitor and maintain productivity including completion of daily assignments according to acuity and staff max to ensure quality care.
4. Coordinates admission, discharge, and transfer process.
5. Maintains communication with manager regarding unit concerns.
6. Assist manager with customer service issues.
7. Assist with educational and professional staff development, including serving as a liaison for nurse residency program.
8. Assist manager with staff coaching, counseling, and corrective action; including completion of informal and formal corrective actions.
9. Provides direct patient care in accordance with physician orders in a warm and friendly manner.
10. Takes and records measurements or readings.
11. Assesses condition and provides treatment for care of patient.
12. Administers prescribed medications.
13. Additional duties as assigned by management.
Current Ohio RN License and ADN with 1 year charge nurse experience
Current Ohio RN License and BSN
3. Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology, treatment modalities, and the current healthcare delivery system.
5. One year experience in acute care setting.
6. Additional certifications may be required per department specific RN job description (for example: TNCC, PALS, NRP, EPNC, EVOC, ACLS, etc.)
7. Ability to read, write and explain or describe moderately complex information to other hospital staff.
8. Attention to detail.
9. Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner. Must be able to observe, assess, guide, and evaluate others.
10. Ability to read, calculate and prepare medication, and observe and analyze any resulting reactions and to apply clinical knowledge.
11. Ability to collect data, interpret findings, set priorities and carry out established plan.
12. Demonstrates competence in age-specific patient care.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine potential exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
- Works on a patient unit or outpatient care setting.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, and squat.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Close up and peripheral vision abilities.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.