For nearly 55 years, the Community Renewal Team (CRT) has worked to help people and families become self-sufficient while making sure basic needs are met. CRT’s programs include Early Childhood Education, Meals on Wheels, Veteran and many other programs serving individuals in 59 cities and towns throughout Central Connecticut (Hartford County and Middlesex County).
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Responsible for meeting and greeting all visitors, customers and staff that visit or call the office. Ensures that customers, staff and visitors are greeted professionally and provided appropriate direction and information to assist them with their needs. Ensures the lobby area is neat and orderly at all times. Completes miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned. Ensures the smooth running of the reception area with a focus on presenting a positive first impression and excellent customer service skills.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Greets all visitors including staff and customers as they enter and leave the building
- Answers all incoming calls and directs to appropriate staff or program
- Asks all visitors to sign in and wait to be announced to the appropriate staff person
- Announces all visitors to staff persons and ensures that visitors are not permitted outside of the lobby un-escorted
- Receives and signs for US Mail, UPS and FED EX Deliveries and ensures they are delivered to the appropriate staff person
- Disperses CRT brochures and other related documents to customers. Forwards to appropriate staff person
- Notifies Supervisor or any problematic issues concerning customer or staff activity
- Acts as an immediate personal representative interacting with public and routine contacts
- Maintain various excel documents
- Schedule appointments and arrange meetings
- Operate a variety of office equipment
- Receives Deliveries, etc. as required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
High School Diploma and at least one year of secretarial or receptionist experience. Bi-lingual in Spanish strongly preferred. Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, knowledge of and high level competency in computer tasks with a variety of software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel). Ability to interact on a professional level with all levels of staff and management. Capacity to manage and effectively prioritize multiple tasks and other duties as assigned.
Tasks involve sedentary to light work, involving some reaching, handling, fingering and/or feeling of objects and materials. Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability. Environmental Factors: Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, machinery, pet dander, pet waste, indoor and outdoor gardening allergens, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances.